Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on Sunday. It's my first MI Bear. I had a chance at a monster Bear, but blew it. I suppose 185 Lbs is better than O.

Had a great time at a super camp.

Joel

·
Banned
189 Posts
way to go, as long as your happy with it, thats all that batters, great job bro:)

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
Congrats Joel!!!

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will tell the big bear story. On the opener, I sat all day in the tree with nothing but Red Squirrels and Chipmunks to look at. At 8:10PM, I heard foot steps. I could just barely make out a very big bear to my right. Then, I noticed two cubs. So, I figured the big bear was a Sow and the cubs were making all of the racket in the woods. I relaxed and hung my bow on the hook and sat back down. I could tell by the noises that a bear was going to step into the clearing at the bait. I could have easily been at full draw, but wasn't. I watched for the cute little cub to step in and saw a nose, foot, head, and oh no. It's not a cub. It's a big boar! I tried to get my bow, but he must have seen me when he turned around. He hauled butt outta there, and I felt like an idiot. I'm no expert, but we have trail cam pictures on him and all agreed that he was over 300#.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Great trophy in my book!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts