Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Detroit-AP) -- Notre Dame is number-one -- at least when it comes fight songs. Author Bill Studwell is ranking the top 25 college fight songs. He puts the "Notre Dame Victory March" at number-one, followed by Michigan's "The Victors." But those could be fighting words, as the fighting Irish meet the Wolverines this Saturday in Ann Arbor. Studwell says Notre Dame's fight song "makes you feel good and cheery." He says Michigan's song isn't "jolly" but it "stomps." Here's the rest of the top-ten: "On Wisconsin," Yale's "Down the Field," Navy's "Anchors Aweigh," Maine's "Stein Song," "Fight on U-S-C," Georgia Tech's "Ramblin' Wreck From G'Tech," University of Texas' "The Eyes of Texas," and Ohio State's "Across the Field."

Who here thinks the top 2 are backwards and U of M should be number 1;) Should be a good game sat. Lets go michigan!:D

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
lol good comeback, good comeback lol come on now there must be more than one spartan fan???. .. oh wait maybe not lol:D

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
oh, i didn't get to your last sentence jeremy... i think that it is correct the way it is.... i get chills listening to notre dame's fight song....

steve

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have to go with the green and white. I think the Spartans may shock the world and ruin Michigan's chance of a national title. I think Sparty may have some tricks up his sleeve to deal with those wolverines. Oh and for the battle for #1 fight song, there is none better than...

On the banks of the Red Cedar
is a school that's known to all;
It's specialty is winning,
and those Spartans play good ball;
Spartan teams are never beaten,
All through the games they fight;
Fight for the only colors,
GREEN and WHITE.
Go right thru' for MSU,
Watch the points keep growing.
Spartan teams are bound to win,
They're fighting with a vim.
RAH! RAH! RAH!
See their team is weakening,
We're going to win this game,
Fight! Fight! Rah! Team, Fight!
Victory for MSU!

GO SPARTANS!

·
Registered
249 Posts
"Hail to the Victors" is a good fight song. No, really it is.
FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

Got to go with State's followed by University of Tennessee's "Rocky Top".

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Thank God for the new turf at Michigan stadium. The recycled rubber will help to soak up the tears and blood of the fighting Amish on sat. Hail to the victors is deffinately THE best fight song in the nation!

Go Blue!:D

I'm not sure if Mich can take the title, but am am confident they will have no problem with Notre Dammit, or MSU. Hehehe the bronco of wmu almost beat msu for petes sake!:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts