Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought i would share a few pics from the stand, saw 20 does tonight, last 3 hunts i have seen round about 65 does, and NO BUCKS...Nothing very close tonight just some scenory pics.

lake i have to padle across

Some of trails out front of me in the swamp grass.

I have to conoe to this stand, here is a beaver lodge just behind me.

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Nice pics Sparky23.
I always like to see pics from peoples hunting spots.

·
Registered
34 Posts
what kind of dork would hang a stand right by a beaver lodge in the middle of giant swamp, and then hunt it in december? what are they gonna eat the cattails? did you see any beavers? good luck ever killing a deer from that stand location, some people are so clue less...

·
Registered
576 Posts
what kind of dork would hang a stand right by a beaver lodge in the middle of giant swamp, and then hunt it in december? what are they gonna eat the cattails? did you see any beavers? good luck ever killing a deer from that stand location, some people are so clue less...

If hes seen 65 does in past three days id say he has a pretty good chance at killing a deer from that spot....

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Wow dude, chill out. If you felt like giving some advice, there are much better ways to do so.

Sparky,

Great pics. Says your location is the zoo. I'm assuming Kalamazoo? Is that the area you hunt at? That's where I'm from. Just curious because the terrain looks different from everything in this area that I've seen.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Nice pics. What area of the state is that?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts

What kind of dork would make a post like that?:dizzy:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Im hoping that was meant as a joke. If not...I would say someone needs help.

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
wow headshot77 I saw the head graze you put on that doe the other night, nice ear shot;) hELL i DID BETTER WITH YOUR KNIFE FINISHING IT OFF. Considering he was vidio taping from the same tree i assume he is joking. Yea it is near kalamazoo, thats about all i will say, great area. It pretty cool watching the beavers wok within bow range some mornings. Its a pain gettin to but worth it.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I've got a couple stands like that; a pain to get to, but worth it. Infact, both of the two I speak of are within view of beaver lodges. Those hard to get to places can make for good late season buck hunting. I say that hopeing it creates some good luck. I'll be sitting one of those stand next weekend when ML opens. Here's to smoke poles and beaver ponds!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
If you ever wondered what is this "funnel" thing you read about in magazines, look for a beaver dam. One of my most productive stands is at the peak of a valley with a beaver dam.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Boy, isn't that the truth! My last TEN bucks were killed within 30 yards of beaver floodings, lodges, and dams...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
You shouldn't be allowed to talk young man. And that's even setting aside the fact that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Thanks for the report. Very nice pics. I wish I had a location like that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
relax all you crazy michigan sportspeople, i am just messin with him. i took those pictures from the stand right below sparky, we were hunting a double stand, just tryin to be funny. oh and sparky not much room to talk grazing shot master, just taking after you, better off cutting its throat with a knife.....zuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllll, girl

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sweet pics, I've often thought of canoeing the river that runs through the family property to access some thick-**** swamp/ridge areas that havent been hunted or even walked in years. I'm betting there are some deer in those areas!! Just need to man-up and do it!

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tats the best way to get those old smart bucks, get to where they have been feeling safe for a long time, and put an end to there undesturbed playland:cool: I useually only hunt this stand 3 times a year, keep it fresh so they dont know your out there. And get up early in the morning, i sat for 2 hours in the dark on the gun oener, dont wanna spook out the hoe swamp.

·
Premium Member
30,918 Posts
Is it safe to assume you've filled all of your available antlerless tags?:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts