Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any swine sighting's in SE Michigan? I read in the Ann Arbor news of several new sightings in Washtenaw and Monroe County. I heard rumor of one getting hit by a car near Wamplers Lake a few months back. Anyone actually seeing the porkers?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
my buddy hunts a place in milan and the land owner said he saw 5 or 6 on his land they were sighted 2 times and have not been seen in a few weekz

·
Registered
333 Posts
i live on wamplers lake and i didnt hear about anyone hitting one around there. mayb sum1 did but i dont think.

spencer

·
Registered
115 Posts
One was hit by a car last year in Lenawee county...it was near Springville hwy and M-50. I'm not sure how big it was. Thats about 3-4 miles from Wamplers.

·
Registered
333 Posts
o ok ya now that you say that i do remeber it.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Are ferel pigs active at night? Thought I saw one a couple weeks ago while camping, but it was dark and I just caught it for a second in the flashlight before it made it into the brush.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Are ferel pigs active at night? Thought I saw one a couple weeks ago while camping, but it was dark and I just caught it for a second in the flashlight before it made it into the brush.
Can ya hunt these critters at night with a rifle or shotgun? Is there a restriction on how many rounds you firearms can hold? What are most of you guys using to hunt these Piggy's?

·
Registered
300 Posts
About 3 miles from where I live (as a crow flys) apparently somebody just shot a pig that weighed 400 lbs. A farmer said he as seen as many as 45-50 in one of his fields. That is in the Manchester area. If I see one i would not hesitate to put some bacon on the table.

·
Registered
20,914 Posts
Can ya hunt these critters at night with a rifle or shotgun? Is there a restriction on how many rounds you firearms can hold? What are most of you guys using to hunt these Piggy's?
You would have to follow the predator hunting regs, rimfire or birdshot.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Here piggy piggy piggy.
Has anyone herd of any sightings in the Oakland-Genessey county. My wife wanted to send me on a boar hunt for my 40th but if their running wild like their saying, I might as well wait. Theres a chance in a few year they might be out of controll. Look what happend to Texas and California.
No closed season.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm hoping to go and find some after deer hunting. I think it would easier to find them in the snow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts