Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New drawing dates and times at Fennville Farm
Historically, hunt draws have occurred daily at the Fennville Farm Unit of the Allegan State Game Area. This year, drawings will happen Friday and Saturday mornings at 5:30 a.m and Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday at 11 a.m. A morning draw also will occur on Thanksgiving Day.

No drawings will occur on Mondays and Wednesdays, but self-registration stations will be available at the Fennville Farm Unit Office for duck hunting outside drawing dates. Duck hunting is open during entire duck season by self-registration or through the drawing.

·
Registered
20,260 Posts
Zones have been wiggled around some as well and made bigger. 8M, 8N no longer exist under those zone numbers. Killed a lot of birds in those zones, which are now 8I, 8J I believe. Going to take a while to process that.

Lots of the 8-## zones have been eliminated and moved into zone 9. That was a wildcard strategy on a high draw. Still is, no draw needed.

There's beans in front of the corn in some fields this year. Not sure if that will change anything.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Initially thought this was old news but did not see anyone else post it. Sorry to any if this is not new. I had not heard anything til I saw the email from the DNR this AM. Dumb question though, does this mean this Saturdays opener is a drawing, or is it first come first serve til Fennville really opens up for Goose in November?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
First come, first serve till goose in november. Just don't forget to pick up a kill card at the "kiosk" before you get a spot. After you hunt fill it out and return it... when someone said "kiosk" I thought they meant one of those fancy computers like at the secretary of state. It's not. Not even close.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Zones have been wiggled around some as well and made bigger. 8M, 8N no longer exist under those zone numbers. Killed a lot of birds in those zones, which are now 8I, 8J I believe. Going to take a while to process that.

Lots of the 8-## zones have been eliminated and moved into zone 9. That was a wildcard strategy on a high draw. Still is, no draw needed.
Oh lord. After hunting there 40 years, they go and mess with my head. I can see it now, low draw, pressure to pick quickly...I yell 8N out of reflex and end up in that small patch north of 122nd. SMH.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Oh lord. After hunting there 40 years, they go and mess with my head. I can see it now, low draw, pressure to pick quickly...I yell 8N out of reflex and end up in that small patch north of 122nd. SMH.
Kinda sad. It truly is the end of an era. Oh if the old 8N sign at the cut of the corn could tell stories...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First come, first serve till goose in november. Just don't forget to pick up a kill card at the "kiosk" before you get a spot. After you hunt fill it out and return it... when someone said "kiosk" I thought they meant one of those fancy computers like at the secretary of state. It's not. Not even close.

Yeah, more like a "box with kill cards" aka a kiosk. Thanks, that is what I thought, but I did not hear about the elimination of 8N and some other fields being consolidated. Just the draw days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.