Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some female vocalists whose voices are so strong, beautiful and just calming. This is a song I would never have probably heard except for it being played on Kenny Chesney’s No Shoes Sirius channel.

Love it

What are some of your favorite female singers?

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
If you we wondering, this is what an Angel sounds like.

·
Super Moderator
11,731 Posts
Howdy-
One of my favourites is local....Shelia Landis.

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
Laura Nyro

Between 1968 and 1970, a number of artists had hits with her songs: The 5th Dimension with "Blowing Away", "Wedding Bell Blues", "Stoned Soul Picnic", "Sweet Blindness", and "Save the Country"; Blood, Sweat & Tears and Peter, Paul and Mary, with "And When I Die"; Three Dog Night and Maynard Ferguson, with "Eli's Comin'"; and Barbra Streisand with "Stoney End", "Time and Love", and "Hands off the Man (Flim Flam Man)". Nyro's best-selling single was her recording of Carole King's and Gerry Goffin's "Up on the Roof".[2]

In 2010, Laura Nyro was posthumously inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, arguably her greatest professional accolade, in the footsteps of composers like George Gershwin, Oscar Hammerstein, and Stephen Sondheim.

·
Registered
17,395 Posts
Brandi Carlile, at Red Rocks doing shots of Jameson between songs. Also saw her at Interlochen with the Old Crow Medicine Show.

If you like angry redheads, Tori's hard to beat:

Marcella Detroit has one of the highest ranges of any vocalists. My classically trained former intern won't even try to sing her songs. Try the note at about 2:49 into this one.

·
Premium Member
11,185 Posts
Brandi Carlile, at Red Rocks doing shots of Jameson between songs. Also saw her at Interlochen with the Old Crow Medicine Show.

If you like angry redheads, Tori's hard to beat:

Marcella Detroit has one of the highest ranges of any vocalists. My classically trained former intern won't even try to sing her songs. Try the note at about 2:49 into this one.

Old Crow Medicine Show is just an awesome band anyway. So you couldn't lose there.

Shots of Jameson are too. Lol

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I'll go with Ann Wilson:

1 - 20 of 109 Posts