Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if a person with a felony is allowed to hunt deer with a firearm. Thanks

·
Registered
857 Posts
Crimes - Felon in Possession of Firearm

A person convicted of a felony may not possess, use, transport, sell, purchase, carry, ship, receive or distribute a firearm in Michigan until the expiration of three years after he has paid all fines imposed for the felony, has served all terms of imprisonment imposed for the felony, and has successfully completed all conditions of probation or parole imposed for the felony.

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
The above is sometimes correct but it depends on the felony. For some, especially violent crimes, a person may never be in possession of a firearm again. The best thing to do for a person that has a felony conviction is to contact the prosecuting attorney.

·
Registered
147 Posts
not to steal your thread, but i have a question along the same lines. My brother is not allowed to hunt with a firearm, but is with a bow. Can he buy a combo license and hunt with his bow during firearm season?

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
saginawbowhunter said:
not to steal your thread, but i have a question along the same lines. My brother is not allowed to hunt with a firearm, but is with a bow. Can he buy a combo license and hunt with his bow during firearm season?
Yes he can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts