Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Public Land Tees.....and while you're there buying one, buy an additional one to pay it forward!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I bought mine online via the DNR license site. It came in the mail about 10 days later. You should call the post office, but some of the staff have no idea what you are talking about, at least on the West side of the state. So I buy it online. No problems thus far in the last four or five years doing it that way.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I received an extra stamp in the mail this year. Bought one when I got my license, but two showed up in the mail. Everyone in my group had also already bought their's for this year too.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Nothing like arty non hunting people denigrating hunters.
Unlike the amused person above I find it disgraceful, not funny.
But why not sully peoples traditions. I guess if they don't like it, no one should.
Yes, I looked at them. So clever....
That article crossed my news morning. Do not get your panties so twisted about traditions being sullied.

I did not find it either humorous or upsetting. I have seen this stuff before.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I have a serious question involving the e-stamp system.

This season, for the first time, I purchased a temporary Federal Waterfowl stamp from a license vendor. About a week later, my Federal stamp arrived. I signed it and affixed it to my license.

My question: Is there a mechanism that prevents a pair of unscrupulous hunters from gaming this system?

Say hunter A purchases the temporary stamp from a vendor or online. When the actual stamp arrives he gives it to hunter B. Hunter B then signs the stamp and affixes it to his license.

Hunter A carries the temporary document while hunting. If checked he simply claims that the actual stamp never arrived.

I have not done this and have no intent to defraud the Federal Waterfowl Stamp system.

Is there a means to prevent this form of fraud?

·
Registered
12,694 Posts
I have a serious question involving the e-stamp system.

This season, for the first time, I purchased a temporary Federal Waterfowl stamp from a license vendor. About a week later, my Federal stamp arrived. I signed it and affixed it to my license.

My question: Is there a mechanism that prevents a pair of unscrupulous hunters from gaming this system?

Say hunter A purchases the temporary stamp from a vendor or online. When the actual stamp arrives he gives it to hunter B. Hunter B then signs the stamp and affixes it to his license.

Hunter A carries the temporary document while hunting. If checked he simply claims that the actual stamp never arrived.

I have not done this and have no intent to defraud the Federal Waterfowl Stamp system.

Is there a means to prevent this form of fraud?
The flaw in your fraud plan is that the hunter without the stamp actually paid. If a guy wanted to skirt the system without paying for stamp then paying for a stamp wouldnt be logical would it? I dont think someone trying to save a buck would bother with such a scheme. Just my opinion but paying fir a buddies free ride wouldn't likely happen.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
The flaw in your fraud plan is that the hunter without the stamp actually paid. If a guy wanted to skirt the system without paying for stamp then paying for a stamp wouldnt be logical would it? I dont think someone trying to save a buck would bother with such a scheme. Just my opinion but paying fir a buddies free ride wouldn't likely happen.
What prevents the two of them from practicing a buy one get one free program?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts