Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you in the Detroit/metro area, where do you buy your federal duck stamps? I used to be able to get them from any post office, even the smaller ones........for the past several years, the smaller satellite P.O. haven't been carrying them, so I have to go out to the bigger P.O., such as Warren, Troy, etc. Today I stopped at Troy after a doctors appt and I asked for 2 federal duck stamps......the chick behind the counter goes "a what?" I said, "A federal duck stamp.....to go duck hunting with." She says " We aint got none of them". I thought "Oh, really?...........two seconds ago you didn't know what they were". I said "Really? they are suppose to be available July 1st, and here it is the middle of early goose and teal season",. Then she starts giving me attitude....."Well, they ain't give us none yet; I can't help it if they don't send us none".
So I went to the Warren PO (out of my way), and was only able to secure one stamp.........at least I have one to go hunting with now.

Anybody know of a P.O. that has stamps? I don't want to drive any further than I have to (out of my way) for nothing.......................

Thanks.................and no wonder the USPS is loosing money; their customer service sucks!!! USPS is now the new DMV, in my opinion!(n)

·
Registered
93 Posts
For those of you in the Detroit/metro area, where do you buy your federal duck stamps? I used to be able to get them from any post office, even the smaller ones........for the past several years, the smaller satellite P.O. haven't been carrying them, so I have to go out to the bigger P.O., such as Warren, Troy, etc. Today I stopped at Troy after a doctors appt and I asked for 2 federal duck stamps......the chick behind the counter goes "a what?" I said, "A federal duck stamp.....to go duck hunting with." She says " We aint got none of them". I thought "Oh, really?...........two seconds ago you didn't know what they were". I said "Really? they are suppose to be available July 1st, and here it is the middle of early goose and teal season",. Then she starts giving me attitude....."Well, they ain't give us none yet; I can't help it if they don't send us none".
So I went to the Warren PO (out of my way), and was only able to secure one stamp.........at least I have one to go hunting with now.

Anybody know of a P.O. that has stamps? I don't want to drive any further than I have to (out of my way) for nothing.......................

Thanks.................and no wonder the USPS is loosing money; their customer service sucks!!! USPS is now the new DMV, in my opinion!(n)
Easier to order on line early in the year

·
Registered
215 Posts

I bought my stamp at the local license retailer has the scan spot on the tag it says good until 10-20-21 or until you receive your stamp

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Before we could buy them on-line I had similar experiences at the Post Office; it can be very frustrating. Go on-line, buy the stamp and print it out. The print-out is good for 10-14 days until the actual stamp comes in

·
Registered
12,696 Posts

Try asking for a migratory bird stamp instead of federal duck stamp. It might sound condescending but I am not trying to be. I have had the same issue you are having. If your person behind the counter is relatively new and isnt a hunter they probably dont have a clue what you are asking. When they look at their computer for stamp sales federal duck stamp is not listed as something they sell. I would bet many have no idea what a migratory bird even is.

In my neck of the woods you can ask for a federal duck stamp and most will know what you are getting at. When I have stopped at the auburn hills post office asking for a federal duck stamp will most certainly get the deer in the headlights look. It usually takes me a minute of coaxing to get the person to understand what I need even if i ask for it correctly there.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
The Milford Post Office has them (At least they did yesterday when I bought mine.). A few years ago I received the same blank stare and "A what?" from the cashier at the Novi Post Office. When I tried to ask them if they were just out, or didn't carry them the next cashier over rudely barked "We don't sell anything like that." and I gave up.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts

It’s operated by the federal government, what did you suspect? Lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts