Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

FB report of ice possibly moving out a mile past the first crack on the west side.

3205 Views 21 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  CFGislive
Can't confirm but thought I would pass it along .Picture does show what looks to be a lot of blue just off shore.Anyone heard anything about this?
Reactions: slabstar
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
LMAO. What a bunch of sorry saps we are. Everyone glued to the internet today checking reports and satellite photos. Doing dances to the wind and cold God's, that the mighty bay stays closed up. Chewing our fingernails down to skin wondering, watching, waiting, hoping for another chance to get out and chase those delicious golden devil's. Just one more chance to feed the addiction of us outdoorsmen maniacs. How pathetic are we? Gotta love it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
It's a sickness with no cure....and it could be fatal...lol
LMAO. What a bunch of sorry saps we are. Everyone glued to the internet today checking reports and satellite photos. Doing dances to the wind and cold God's, that the mighty bay stays closed up. Chewing our fingernails down to skin wondering, watching, waiting, hoping for another chance to get out and chase those delicious golden devil's. Just one more chance to feed the addiction of us outdoorsmen maniacs. How pathetic are we? Gotta love it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Coast Guard headed to Bay...
Reactions: slabstar
Sounds like someone called in they are on a ice flow and unable to get off.Getting hairy out there guys be safe.
Reactions: storman
I love to fish, but I'm deathly allergic to drowning!
Sounds like someone called in they are on a ice flow and unable to get off.Getting hairy out there guys be safe.
Bay County Scanner Feed is live with the action now

http://www.baycountyscanner.org
37mph gusts out of the wsw this morning.. yeah lets hop the crack it'll be just fine.. smh hope they are alright
It sounded like the coast guard lady said it's a false alarm.
Dat darn walleyefever can get de best of a man
Reactions: hawgeye
My girlfriend wants me to get out there soon. She said I'm acting like Jack Nicholson in the Shining.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my VS835 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
My girlfriend wants me to get out there soon. She said I'm acting like Jack Nicholson in the Shining.
She’s trying to kill you
Here's some advice...stay off until the cold snap freezes the bay back up. Lots of bad spots out there. Moving ice. Open water. Snow squalls on the weekend means people are not going to be able to see bad spots. I got a text from someone who fishes the bay a ton who said he is done for awhile. It's that bad out there. The weather coming will have the ice back in good shape in a few days.....This is just one mans opinion take it for what it is worth.
Good advice some won't take it. Some people don't believe it's no place to #### around till they #### there pants as I have seen this year. Recovery crew is making good money.
Here's some advice...stay off until the cold snap freezes the bay back up. Lots of bad spots out there. Moving ice. Open water. Snow squalls on the weekend means people are not going to be able to see bad spots. I got a text from someone who fishes the bay a ton who said he is done for awhile. It's that bad out there. The weather coming will have the ice back in good shape in a few days.....This is just one mans opinion take it for what it is worth.
There' a difference in ####ing around and using your head, if you know what your doing and be smart about it fish will continue to pile up.
Good advice some won't take it. Some people don't believe it's no place to #### around till they #### there pants as I have seen this year. Recovery crew is making good money.
Took a drive earlier, just from Linwood to rivermouth. Was maybe 20 vehicles at end of Linwood road with some shanties quite a ways out. Only half dozen at state park, 2 at mouth of river, and 4 or 5 at DNR launch. Did see a couple guys on river by vets bridge also. Snow coming this weekend, accumulation I believe. If anyone who plans on fishing out there can, get out tomarrow while you can see before the ice gets snow covered. Mark the bad areas, but remember they can and will change until we have some consistant cold again for awhile. Be safe everyone, heading inland next weekend for an 8 day excursion on Houghton lake :)
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.