Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching and found a few threads about this, but they were all 3-4 years old. With all of the new people here every day I figured I could get a bunch of good replies.

So what are your favorite steel flies? Pics. are appreciated, but if you give me a name I can look em up.

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Glo-bugs,nuke eggs,stone flys,green caddis,muddler minnow,sculpin minnow,hares ear,pheasant tail nymph and wooly bugger...whew:tdo12:
No particular order to how I may use them,but I think I just named half my box:lol:
Spring wiggler and hex patterns are also:coolgleam

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Yep Rich, get into a swap, would love to get one of those Black Tube Flys. I have a display case that holds all the flys I've received in swaps and that would look real good in there.:)

PS, there is a swap going on right now.;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Guess what, most times the fish don't care if they look like garbage.

paul

·
Registered
507 Posts
The fellows above mentioned all of the must have patterns for michigan winter steelhead, but when I am doubt and all else has failed I will fish a hex nymph pattern.

LS

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Thats a good looking fly Little Roober. The swap that is currently going on is a nymph swap for Steelhead, but I wouldn't have a problem with getting one of those from you in a swap.

If you sign up for the Steehead Nymph swap that is going on now, you would have until early March to get them done. You put forth your best effort and I am sure everybody would be glad to get one from you.

As for garbage, you should see some of the stuff I have stuck these guys with over the past year.

If it is a supply issue, drop me a PM and let me know what you want to tie and I can drop the stuff in an envelope for you, but I would say go to the "Next Swap" thread and sign up.:)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have tons of supplies, but thanks for the offer. I'll have to look at some nymphs. I've never tried any of those. My dad ties a lot, and he has been helping me. He sells them at work and gets about $100.00 every salmon run. So even if it is a nymph swap I could put these in there? I have a dozen done now, so I'd be ready to ship em out.

Thanks guys, Steve

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
We accept beginners, novices or experts to our swaps. It's a great way to get better. You get practice tying flies and models of flies you'll want to tie in the future.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I agree with Gunrod. That fly is not the standard glo bug type pattern and I would be happy to receive that. Sign up in the current swap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts