Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Caught all but one of this season's musky on a black Bondy bait. Gotta be my favorite... it can catch em anywhere! Here's proof!

Divers Down I thought you may enjoy this. Lol

·
Super Moderator
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I got all mine on black because other colors have had about 5% of the time in the water

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I think I got all mine on black because other colors have had about 5% of the time in the water
Yeah that can make the math or reality a little fuzzy....I'm just happy to know that there are Muskies in space, in tiny ponds, the desert, in desert mountains and the Artic as well !!....forget the D head for Egypt !!.....:D.....funny.....

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Yeah that can make the math or reality a little fuzzy....I'm just happy to know that there are Muskies in space, in tiny ponds, the desert, in desert mountains and the Artic as well !!....forget the D head for Egypt !!.....:D.....funny.....
See Duke and Vano, they're everywhere! ;)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Yea I was feeling a little silly lol
I think it's a little "silly" to # 1 make a pink lure !....# 2, for someone to actually spend $'s on said pink lure !....(guilty !!).....and # 3, for any decent law abiding Musky to actually bite that pink lure !!!...LOL.....

by the way....my buddy has a Bondy that's just like "hunter or blaze orange" and he picked up one on it last year......please tell me what that looks like in the natural world ! ?....maybe the Pharaoh's know !!.....lol.....cheers.....

·
Super Moderator
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm still partial to the pearl Bondy.
My pearl is sleeping with the fishes... :(

I never really used it much simply because of my confidence in dark colors like black/purple and black. But yea, pearl is a good color!

·
Super Moderator
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
by the way....my buddy has a Bondy that's just like "hunter or blaze orange" and he picked up one on it last year......please tell me what that looks like in the natural world ! ?....
Lol yea.... same with the yellow/orange tail royal orba (yes I bought one! And I believe it will work! Jon has already proved it).

Funny thing is the unnatural stuff works! Why... who knows...could be that fish see in a narrower band of colors than we do and all these different baits look like shades of say...3 colors? I've never researched it.

I'd venture to say the natural stuff probably gets bit more consistently, but maybe after seeing so darn many white bass they just become "wallpaper". The unnatural stuff could catch their eye and maybe that's the key?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I'm still partial to the pearl Bondy.
We have 9 on white so far this yr....3 on blk/purp......can remember just the opposite.....lol....and always start each day with 1 blk & 1 white.....2 lines in the water sure helps !.....good fishing all !!.....

·
Super Moderator
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I may have to learn to jig 2 rods! Lol

Maybe I will create a Bondy spreader... one black one white and see which one gets bit more!

First I will need to work on biceps...

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I may have to learn to jig 2 rods! Lol

Maybe I will create a Bondy spreader... one black one white and see which one gets bit more!

First I will need to work on biceps...
Gotta laugh SS.....trip before last my brother kinda said same thing when we were jigging both Musky & Walleye.....his idea was Musky in right hand & Walleye in left...lol....

The spreader kinda sounds awesome in truth, LOL !!.....but yeah, strong biceps might help !!....

Can you imagine Perch fisherman asking questions like these ??....lol.....cheers.....

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Its weird how colors change from year to year for us, Pearl is leader overall but a few years ago was Vomit Shad and this year has been Red. Prolly just coincidence.

·
Super Moderator
37,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its weird how colors change from year to year for us, Pearl is leader overall but a few years ago was Vomit Shad and this year has been Red. Prolly just coincidence.
Pearl makes sense, although I'd guess maybe sucker would be better.

Maybe in the beginning of the year, we catch a fish on some random color that a fish decides it likes... then the rest of the year that color becomes your most confident, and therefore gets the nod more often? Only real way to know is like 50 said... Have 2 extremes out there at all times and see which one gets bit more often. Would have to rotate who starts with which color though because I do believe technique can play just as big a role as color some days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts