Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyones favorite lure to use? This should be kinda interseting to see becuase different people use different tatics.

One of mine is prob the 4" rapala perch. I use that a lot and catch some nice bass along with pike. But I would have to say my all time fav is the banjo minnow. I bought that like 2 years ago and I catch so many fish on it. All different kinds, and size's.

------------------
Time to get those reels back in the water, and catch some BIG fish!

·
Registered
639 Posts
My favorite lures to use are as follows:

FOR PIKE:
1-Uncle Buck In-line buzz bait
2-Johnson Silver Minnow/Rapala weedless spoon

FOR BASS:
1-Mann's Baby 1
2-Strike King Spence Scout

FOR WALLEYE:
1-Floating Rapala (Rainbow Trout color)
2-Rapala shallow running Shad Rap

·
Registered
272 Posts
It was hard to beat a black/gold rapala, until I was introduced into the world of spinnerbaits. White with chrome blades is my top producer for bass and pike. Still trying to figure how to troll one through the ice. Chad.

·
Super Moderator
37,512 Posts
Muskie & Lake St. Clair hog Pike-
Suick Thriller, in line spinners.
Bass-
Zara Gossa, Spinnerbaits
Walleye-
Perch colored Shad Raps, jointed floaters

·
Registered
69 Posts
BASS/PIKE:
In-line spinners
J-11 Rapala in blue
Thundersticks in perch

MUSKIES:
Mepps bucktails
Believers
Sluggos

WALLEYE:
Hot-n-tots
Spinner & nightcrawler
Wiggle Warts

ALL ELSE:
Yellow twister tails
sassy shads

·
Registered
404 Posts
If I could only carry one lure it would be a 4" floating Rapala in silver/black. I've caught at least one of everything on that lure. From pike, bass, walleye, crappie, perch, trout, etc.

Mike

·
Registered
306 Posts
My number one has been the 4" black/silver floating rapala. Even the 2" because it will catch bass but also more enticing for gills, perch, and crappie.

S

·
0 Posts
I like to use #2 or #3 Mepps Aglia's for bass and I found this past summer that a silver or orange Mepps Cyclops works real well on pike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, the name is self-explanatory. I build my own...mostly light-tackle jig-n-pigs...1/16th -1/8 oz.

I caught well over 200 bass last summer, (according to my journal), from ice-out till late October, on my home-made jigs. I also like to fish tube jigs, too. I am experimenting with various jighead styles, skirt materials and trailer combinations.

My ABSOLUTE confidence bait. When fishing.....jig-em-up!

------------------
Dont fish where they ain't.....

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have been fishing bass tournaments around the state for the last 7 years. It's hard to pick just one bait. You have to be versatile to do well in tourney's. What body of water I am fishing, weather conditions, water color, type of stucture, time of year, all depict what to throw. But if I had to do it, I would put all of the light hardware down, and pick up the cue stick, and start to work the jig-n-pig. This is my favorite bait to fish. It is a big fish bait. Very rarely do I catch fish under 14 inches with it.

Basscat

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am in the exact same boat as basscat, except the idea of getting out the flipping stick never crosses my mind. Last year I came across a rig that before I considered a complete joke! It is called the Whacky rig. Just hook a plastic worm right through the middle without any weight, count it down and hold on! If that doesn't pan out than I will skip docks with a centipede on 4-6# line. Whenever fishing tourneys, I have found the most success fishing where most other people would never consider. Post any questions about the whacky rig and I will be sure to answer them.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
This is tough
Bluegills-I like small curly tails or waxworms.
Largemouth-I like prerigged worms like K&E
Smallmouth-Inline spinners or leaches
Pike-Lucky Strikes
Walleye-3/8 Oranage or Pink Jig with 3inch curly tail or minnow
Thats all the spieces that I have targeted and caught with out a guide picking lures.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Favorite lure? How about a Nilsmaster Invincible or a small crankbait called a Ugly Duckling.These baits come in floating and sinking models, and very realistic colors (silvers my favorite.)These are absolutely amazing on trout,crappie,and magnum sized bluegill!! If you can find them,they MUST be used with a small snap swivel,or a loop knot,such as a Rapala knot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im a big fan of the suspending Husky Jerk...clown and chrome minnow....Have caught everything from panfish to bass to pike!!!

[This message has been edited by Da-Bass-Master (edited 02-15-2001).]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts