Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the #14 red/white combo ant for 'gills followed by red/gold moon-glow glitter jig. Alot of guys like black jigs, bet I never have luck with them. :fish:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm not sure if I'll ever fish with a jig for gills again. Ice flies are the #1 baits hands down in my eyes, but if it has to be a regular jig I would have to say a purple dot rocker.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
For gills mini moon #14 orange and chartuse, and depending on the bite if I'll use a fly. Perch the list is to long to even start, but I guess the upside down squid on a Eddie Davis jig will get the job done.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Doesn't matter for me just as long as it involves one of the following for Perch on LSC, silver, gold, or any kind of glow that can be charged up, preferably red glow.;) :evil:

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
The purple moon glow tear drops work very well for me on some of the lakes I fish for crappie. A black and yellow tear drop works great too.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
My standard "go to" colors for Gills are Chartruese/Orange, Chartreuse/Green combos. Followed closely by my back-ups - Orange or Green/White.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
My favorite is hot pink rocker, in 12 or 14. My progression is hot pink - purple - chartreuse - white. After that, I either flip a coin or go home.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Really depends on the lake that I'm fishing. My go to is some sort of black. Gold comes in second with green/chart. in third. One lake I fish in Barry Co. pink is a must! Tight lines all............

·
Registered
79 Posts
Last year I did very well for gills with a white/glow #12 genz bug and orange-white/glow chartruese-white/glow #12or#14 moons, with red dot and sparkles. These few baits worked so well actually I did not have to change them.
Fried bluegill fillets:corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55 MMMMMMMmmmmMMMMMMmmm:corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I like the really small all yellow (white maybe) glow jobs with the little red eye.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
All colors seem to have their moments for hot bites, but when all else fails I also tend to fall back on an orange/chartreuse glow combo to grind out a catch...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts