Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Smallest flatfish you can find. I don't know the number but I has some t hat are over 50 years old and around a 11/2 to 2 inchs long fastened on with a real small black snap swivel. Before we had a motor we use to use rowboats and let the line out a ways. Then stop the boat and give it a good push with the oars letting it coast and when it almost stopped again do it all over
1986, I know the year cause came back from a trip with a buddy & we stop at Fletcher's for a couple days....he's trolling a small jointed lure & I know part of the name is "inch" ? can't recall it for the life of me, it has a small metal lip....anyhoo he gets a big Crappie....back at the landing, owner says you should enter that in our contest, ? huh....lol.....late winter, he gets an actually nice rod & reel combo in the mail for 1st place for Crappie, lol....just a fun memory....

·
Premium Member
12,089 Posts
1986, I know the year cause came back from a trip with a buddy & we stop at Fletcher's for a couple days....he's trolling a small jointed lure & I know part of the name is "inch" ? can't recall it for the life of me, it has a small metal lip....anyhoo he gets a big Crappie....back at the landing, owner says you should enter that in our contest, ? huh....lol.....late winter, he gets an actually nice rod & reel combo in the mail for 1st place for Crappie, lol....just a fun memory....
These were the oridgnal flat fish. When in Cabada several years ago they had real small hot and tots and some flat fish. I bought a couple but wish I would have bought more. These work better than a fish finder to find the schools

41 - 43 of 43 Posts