Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
IROCK - We went 13 for 24. 12 kings and one laker. Friday was bad as we had five break offs. I bought some berkley 20 lb vanish for the leaders and the stuff was junk. It did not break at the knot but in the middle of the leader. Friday at dusk we lost four to that junk line. Tied up everything with 20 lb xt friday night and started landing the fish sat. morning.Seemed like we did better than most at the cleaning station. It was a great time !

·
Registered
339 Posts
I ve spooled up some 10 lb p-line and Im really impressed. I landed 2 good size fish in the last couple days. A 17 1/2 female and a 20 lb 13 oz female. both fish took a ton of line but I wore them down and prevailed.
uniborn

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you had a good time Fatboy. Maybe you got a bad batch of line though. I have never tried the stuff myself but it's been around so you would think it should be decent line. Did you smoke any fish?

·
Registered
536 Posts
It was a great time ! It may have been a bad batch of line but I cannot afford to take another chance on it.From now on I will be using nothing but 25 lb xt. I have not smoked any but the wife does a good job with them on the grill with some kind of teriaki(sp) stuff. Weather will not be right this weekend but I have to go back the following weekend if I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts