Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First for me targeting fall eyes. I am going to go out of Port Huron tomorrow morning. I am going to target North of the Bridge on the Canadian side.

Is this my best bet. Just looking for some good general information thanks.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
First for me targeting fall eyes. I am going to go out of Port Huron tomorrow morning. I am going to target North of the Bridge on the Canadian side.

Is this my best bet. Just looking for some good general information thanks.
Good Luck. Pass along a report, good or bad. Be safe.

·
Banned
443 Posts
If you are going before dawn, might try shallower on CA side. Strong NW wind pushing inshore. In my experience this time of year, sometimes in-shore wind can help push bait toward shore and make a difference. Course you will have to deal with waves whereas it would be calmer on US side.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the intel guys. i am going AM first light. My intention is to hit both sides of the hole and see what i can find and then if i strike out prospect back to the black river.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So today was a little rough. Water was churning and dirty. Huge rollers and choppy water made it very difficult to fish. Missed about 8 bites. Partner missed a couple.
Caught 2 walleye. Best depth was 58 always got a bite when passed through that depth. Fished the inside edge of the shipping channel on Canadian side.

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
I bet you could do pretty good right now trolling cranks shallow after dark near shore up around Anchor Bay while the water stays in the 50’s. The warm up this weekend would be perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts