Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do the Walleye start to show up in shallows in the fall? I dont have a boat and fish from shore. Id like to be able to reach them. Just not sure when?

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
They'll start making there move soon....But back when I shore fished my best time was always towards the end of October beginning of Nov.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I always used either Sinking Rapalas or Rebels....or if water was shallower...husky jerks work well.....You can also try the Rapala shad raps!!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Some of the guys I used to work with said they got started right after labor day.
When you get those cool nights with the dead calm water, you can hear them jumping in the shallows while feeding.
Cast out a Bomber or Rapala and let it sit till all the ripples are gone on the water, then twitch it now and then on the retrieve.
They will jump at it, but might miss it the first couple times, be patient.
Rich

·
Registered
952 Posts
Well I am getting pumped since the cool nights and 5-7" of this cold rain should get things going well!

Just look in the forcast for when the nights are in the 40s and the daytime highs are in the low 60s or even the 50s.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have taken them on just about everything i use for bass. not sure were your fishing but we have been getting them in 6-10fow the last few weeks out in the bay. with this rain it will be a few days before the water gets back to normal. good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts