Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get a fall Turkey hunt licence? On my Michigan calendar I see the applications start on July 1st, so where do fill out the app? Will a fall turkey licence allow me to hunt on my private land? I did a search and seached the MI DNR site and I can't find anything about the fall hunt, only the spring. By the way, this will be my very first Turkey hunt, ever. :yikes:

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Well the spring hunt is most exciting hunt by far but go to the DNR website or a license agent during the application period and apply. You will find out about 6 weeks later if you were successful and then you can buy a license. Yes on private land, in fact, that is where most fall hunting occurs. Fall guides will come out in the next month prior to the application period with all the details. Keep watching the DNR web site for info. It will probably get posted here too. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Sometimes there are public hunt units but most is private land and it changes year to year. Got to check the guide from the DNR when regs are set.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
He wants to hunt private land, so he'll be fine in most areas of southern Michigan.

Fall hunting is pretty different, but we need more fall hunters out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts