Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of us would like to lern more about Swimbaits. How about having a swimbait only tournament. Any kind of swimbait any size but all you can use is a swimbait. All baits will be aproved in the morning. who would be up for that?

·
Banned
2,218 Posts
I dont have but 1, and when that big SLIMMER takes it Im done!
Cant afford to buy a complete line of baits to use at 1 tournament!
But, a topwater only, texas only, hard bait like ripbait or lipless only thing i could do!

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buy a couple more Most of them are not that much to buy and who can't use more tackle. I think if there are enogh guys throwing them some won will get a big sow!

How many guys are interested?

Swim jig don't count unless they have a plastic swim bait on them.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Most of us would like to lern more about Swimbaits. How about having a swimbait only tournament. Any kind of swimbait any size but all you can use is a swimbait. All baits will be aproved in the morning. who would be up for that?
What swimbaits are you throwing this year? Do you think they work as well this time of year as they do in the spring?

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know i am just playing with them, I think if I were forced to fish them all day I would learn more about them. I feel that they could be a good wepon to add to any ones arsenal.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I don't know i am just playing with them, I think if I were forced to fish them all day I would learn more about them. I feel that they could be a good wepon to add to any ones arsenal.
I threw a Money Minnow around for a while last night on Tamarack, but only caught one short fish on it. did you throw the Matt Lures bluegill at all this year?

·
Banned
2,218 Posts
While fishign a tournament on Lk CASTAIC out in Calif, I seen guys hurreling huge TROUT painted multi jointed and soft plastic swimbaits, they have specilized gear for it!
I shyed away from those HIGH dollar biats, I seen them BLANK alot, but when they are on they are ON, Like guy's coming in with 2 fish and winning with 19lbs!
I can not see swimbaits being hot here, most all of california lakes get regular trout plants, and those Big BASS gorge them selves on em too, wont eat nothin else!
Maybe the smaller rigs may work here, we have lots of perch, some places have good shad populations, maybe a shad or perch pattern swimmer would be worth tryin??

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
While fishign a tournament on Lk CASTAIC out in Calif, I seen guys hurreling huge TROUT painted multi jointed and soft plastic swimbaits, they have specilized gear for it!
I shyed away from those HIGH dollar biats, I seen them BLANK alot, but when they are on they are ON, Like guy's coming in with 2 fish and winning with 19lbs!
I can not see swimbaits being hot here, most all of california lakes get regular trout plants, and those Big BASS gorge them selves on em too, wont eat nothin else!
Maybe the smaller rigs may work here, we have lots of perch, some places have good shad populations, maybe a shad or perch pattern swimmer would be worth tryin??
The smaller versions do work here, but it is just like any other lure, you need to have confidence in it and there are times when it will work better than other times.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Some of the best looking swimbaits I have seen are made locally by Garneau baits. I wish I had more time to try them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts