Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my year fishing Hardy dam lake, trying to figure out the fall smallmouth bite. With water temps in the upper 50's, thought I'd find bass up shallow chasing bait but that hasn't happened. Where are people finding smallmouth this time of year? Are they still out deep?

·
Registered
308 Posts
For me in rivers they have been shallow cashing shad and minnows. Last week it was like this for me on the Cass river. Still getting Largemouth also. Mostly on Shad spinner baits. Topwater bite has pretty much stopped. I whent out today, windy, high dirty water, water temp 52 degrees..... nothing. I've been doing well for Largemouth this fall. Pike are also alot more likely in the cool water. Your going to have to experiment, I found 2pm to 5pm is a prime time for them. Keep us informed on what pattern works for you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
They're schooled up on wind driven points. Lots of bait in the water on the reservoir systems.

If you have side imaging cruise around and look for schools.

I found two like this. Caught 25 out of this one 50 out of the other.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're schooled up on wind driven points. Lots of bait in the water on the reservoir systems.

If you have side imaging cruise around and look for schools.

I found two like this. Caught 25 out of this one 50 out of the other.

Thanks for the responses. I've primarily been fishing mornings. Hardy has lots of points that drop off quickly and I've struggled fishing them. Haven't tried side scanning them. Appreciate all the thoughts. It helps.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't feel pressured to be there early all my fish are coming at 10-2 seems like. ... I'm still there at 615 in the dark for over an hour don't know how to sleep in. But I think they get a little more active when it gets a little warmer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.