Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at one of my quick access spots this morning around 10:30 AM between jobs on the Clinton. Got this guy 2nd cast on the old go to Pearl Ghost Hot N Tot. Gonna hit some holes in that same general area after work.

Fish On.

1444751540383.jpg

Sent From The Halls Of Crom

·
Registered
770 Posts
Nice little steelie there Pike we should start calling you the Steelhead whisperer. haha. But very nice and many more to come this season, I'm headed out Friday, I have a half day so I'll probably be out at Yates all day.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Naaa. That's my buddy Clinton riverking. He does very well with the Steelies. I usually get the first of the season then he takes over after that...lol. We have a competition every year.

Had two chasers no takers my second go round on a close stretch from earlier. Should be picking up a bit here soon. Rain would definitely speed things up around here. Looking like we're hitting Lexington this weekend.

Good luck out there

·
Registered
770 Posts
Naaa. That's my buddy Clinton riverking. He does very well with the Steelies. I usually get the first of the season then he takes over after that...lol. We have a competition every year.

Had two chasers no takers my second go round on a close stretch from earlier. Should be picking up a bit here soon. Rain would definitely speed things up around here. Looking like we're hitting Lexington this weekend.

Good luck out there

Sounds like a good day still then. But I still think we can call you steelhead whisperer, if we don't tell Clinton king ;) haha

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Would have never guessed that color :) Let me know how you do in Lexington, trying to get one more (or two) paddles in Lake Huron, we usually target Sanilac, but I have always wonder about Lexington. There is a small public beach just south of Lexington where I enjoy launching.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love just being on the river no matter what, but I will tell him ha-ha for you....lol. Tight lines

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope you get their fish eater beautiful out there this time of year always my annual trip

·
Registered
770 Posts
I would go with you although I've only caught a couple so you might not want me haha just pm me if you're interested. No hurt feelings if you don't want to, just an offer

·
Registered
770 Posts
Lol hey still very beautiful fish man, just keep at it, it'll happen eventually

·
Registered
416 Posts
Isn't it true that the fall steelhead run really isn't a true run its just some dumb steelhead going up the river thinking they will feed on king eggs but kings don't run up
The Clinton lol

1 - 20 of 437 Posts