Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
It is officially on for me. 6 FOW. Fatheads and slips. Probably caught 75, but was trying to only keep 9" and up. Ended up with 5 or 6 8.5's and a few that were right at 12". One of those days when I wish the limit was still 50. 90% of my bites were between 1:00 and 2:15pm.

View attachment 797441
View attachment 797442
we caught at least 150, I brought home 6, 9”-11” fishing buddy was keeping 7”-12” he brought home 25, we were on the water 2:00 - 5:30 17’-20’ FOW, minnows and pieces of crawlers, wind supposed to be down Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday going to try again maybe a little shallower, had a good time weather was a beautiful day, started to get a little colder around 5:00

·
Premium Member
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hit it again yesterday and much slower. Beautiful day on the lake, but only ended up with about 20 keepers and nothing much over 10". Did get 4 nice gills, some rockies, and half a dozen bass. Set the hook on one fish right over the side of the boat and snapped my 4lb like thread. Probably a pike.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We went today beautiful day, sunshine virtually no wind, we caught probably 100, took home 38, 8” - 11”, fished 1:00 - 4:30 started to get cold at 4:00, going to try again tomorrow looks like the last day for a while, weather looks not good for fishing, marking huge schools of perch, lots of boats we were asked if there was a tournament going on.

·
Premium Member
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We went today beautiful day, sunshine virtually no wind, we caught probably 100, took home 38, 8” - 11”, fished 1:00 - 4:30 started to get cold at 4:00, going to try again tomorrow looks like the last day for a while, weather looks not good for fishing, marking huge schools of perch, lots of boats we were asked if there was a tournament going on.
Just curious if you are on inland waters or up on Grand Traverse? I have wanted to get up there for some fall perch fishing for the last few years, but haven't yet made it happen.

·
Registered
92 Posts
we had a great time Wednesday fished from 12:30-4:00, we started with at least 7 doz minnows, had about a doz left, lost count of how many fish we caught, had some very big ones on probably not perch, cousin in next boat had a 28” northern on grabbed his perch coming up. we caught our limit easily of 8”-11 1/2“ perch. perfect day, lot of boats everybody getting probably the last day in. fishing 18’-24’ marking fish from 24’-8’ schools, had to put on a heavier sinker to get past the little ones, caught fish continually was a fun time, by the looks of the weather looks like that’s it till ice, not putting up my boat cause maybe

·
Registered
301 Posts
We love fishing for them, always exciting to feel that thump.
very nice, I reluctantly drained the lower units on my motors, just in case water present, Getting ready for ice, Think I have a good month and a half, water was still at 52 degrees
My dealer closes early (Oct.) so the last few years I have had them shrink my boat before they closed. Sure enough we'd get a run of warm weather and my pontoon would be winterized. I sold the pontoon and got a 14' boat. I always do the winterizing myself, except the shrink. I got a boat cover and will wait till I have to before I put the boat up for the winter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I like to use dry dog food. It holds up good and they seem to like it.
I agree Crappie1. That's my similar style this time of year. I fish some smaller lakes up here in Grand Traverse / Kalkaska Co. with hip waders in the spring. Same set up and bring plenty of rods so if one goes down move to the next if the action is hot.
Pre spawn males.
I honestly don't mind cleaning fish. I got one of those bubba electric knives which makes it go way faster too.
had a good day friday,went back saturday they were gone 13-1
My buddy was told that tohatsu is the world leading manufacturer of outboard motors. Just not a lot sold in the US.
Not sure if its true Jimbo: Tohatsu makes all the Mercury Motors, and some of the other brands. I just bought a DF15A Suzuki, I originally was going to get the Tohatsu 15, but i just sold my pontoon after 5 years with a trouble free 90 Suzuki, just couldn't make the switch.
Got out yesterday. Thought I would slay, but slow and most were small. Did keep 8 that were over 9" and 3 specks:

View attachment 800682

View attachment 800683

Tried about a dozen different spots, but never really got on them. Did get half a dozen bass for excitement.
Sure hope we get at least a couple more warm enough days to get out. Nice fish.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
very nice, I reluctantly drained the lower units on my motors, just in case water present, Getting ready for ice, Think I have a good month and a half, water was still at 52 degrees

1 - 15 of 15 Posts