Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there perch fishers,

Long ago, I went fishing with my brother and his friend in his friend's boat. near the Detroit River mouth to Lake Erie in September and did well on the perch as well as the occasional walleye too. I recall we weren't fishing that deep, maybe 10 feet or so. I haven't been back to try it since (13 years ago). Is the perch "run" happening yet or just typically in late September? I'd like to try it again. Any reports on the perch? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
they should be starting soon. Once the weeds start to die is when it really get good.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
They will be starting good in Sept. untill just about when the ice starts. You can catch them in 5ft or 12. I cant wait!!!:D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing you out there sigman! I think i will spend a little more time on the river this year instead of fishing erie all the time. Hunting season is going to get in the way a little though!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, September it is! Any favorite bait shops near there to get minnows? I'd be launching out of Elizabeth Park unless there is another launch to the South

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lake Erie Metropark is a great ramp right at the mouth of the river and lake. Bottomline bait & tackle is just a hair past the park entrance and also has updated fishing reports/info

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was checking out the boat ramp at Lake Erie Metro on my map and it looks like it is a big SHALLOW flat. How big of a boat can you put in there?
Thanks, Gary :yikes: >'((((((((((><

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Beware the Lake Erie Metropark ramp. Last year in September, I put in there and was idling from the ramp to the river with my engine (125 hp OB) tilted up-evidently not enough as banged up my prop. It is REALLY shallow.

Jim

·
Registered
69 Posts
I see 25 footers and larger going in and out all the time. Last year the water was much lower. The channel out is clearly marked with buoys

·
Registered
258 Posts
North of the Elizabeth Park launch, there's a bait shop on the corner of West Jefferson & West Jefferson, where it zig-zags, across from the A&W root beer, really close to the launch.....:fish:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I herd that they start hitting good in Aug.

I was out yesterday and hit the perch hard for hours. Nothing but a few dinks. Fished north and south of the wall. Fished a couple buoys and Celeron. Finally gave up and hit the Trenton channel and caught a few eyes. Hope the perch come in soon!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
You WILL see me out the Ryan:D And by the way September is when they start but October is by far the best month. And I am with you Ryan hunting season hurts a little. But boy do those JUMBO'S taste good;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts