Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fella's I have a nagging conflict going on.I bowhunt one full week each year at our camp between houghton lake and harrisville with my dad. We have been hunting the first week of november for alot of years.By the time the first week of november gets here the fall color is gone.I really like being up there when the leaves are bright but that's more like the third week of oct.This is not such a good rut time but it is the best fall color and to be honest I no longer go bowhunting to kill the biggest or most deer just like to go out and relax and enjoy the woods.Am I getting old or what. I even put away the hoyt a few years back and went back to shooting the mamba(recurve)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
You may be right on about peak fall colors in NE Mi this year as red & sugar maples are usually beginning to color up around Labor day, but not this yr. Normal peak color is around 10 Oct here but looks doubtful for 2003. Normal leaf drop is around 20 Oct but may be later this yr as fall colors are late, possibly due to our later than normal spring.This is our 3rd consecutive yr of drought also,which may be another factor.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Stop talking like that...You are depressing me!

I agree that grouse hunting is the best time to view colors, mainly because you are looking up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts