Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
How far are the vehicles out on the ice? Looks to be time to head down there! Do you need a ORV tag on a road vehicle if you are on the ice?

·
Registered
101 Posts
How far are the vehicles out on the ice? Looks to be time to head down there! Do you need a ORV tag on a road vehicle if you are on the ice?
No, all road rules apply. The ice is considered an extension of the road. You can still get a ticket for reckless driving. Some insurance says that you lose coverage once you go on the Ice but they lie. They don’t however have to cover the fines and fees associated with a vehicle going through tho..

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
226 Posts
Will be there this weekend on the buggys watching the races, excited to spend the day out on the ice, getting some fresh air!! Been going out there since I was a teenager which was a lot of years ago LOL, always a lot of fun you always got to have your head on a swivel No Doubt , but fun nonetheless!!

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
From what I saw yesterday, I sure wouldnt drive off that ramp.... it has been busted up and refroze.

Fresh snow will cover it up nicely though!
How is it you have 2 accounts now?
Or is one of them like a burner phone?
Get a little saucy and have another account to come back on.

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
How is it you have 2 accounts now?
Or is one of them like a burner phone?
Get a little saucy and have another account to come back on.
LOL... I dknwtf happened with that. It allowed me to log in on my laptop just fine... but not with my phone.

Headed up to the bay this weekend if ya want to tag along. hmu

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Me too, west side, I’ll keep in touch via celly
Be safe and good luck

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey guys last time I was out (week and a half ago) at fairhaven it was difficult to get on the ice due to slushy open water along the shoreline. Can anyone update me if it’s still open? I go with little ones so it makes it difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey guys last time I was out (week and a half ago) at fairhaven it was difficult to get on the ice due to slushy open water along the shoreline. Can anyone update me if it’s still open? I go with little ones so it makes it difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Trucks were getting stuck at the ramp, bumpers getting tore off, some videos on Facebook.

People trying to tow loaded trailers across the busted up open ice at the bottom of the ramp. Instead of taking 5 mins to unload the trailer they are trying to take them loaded through.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sat did better with brother,

Sunday went solo,

Lots of fish moving in and out, small ones biting, big ones cruizing. All on spoon/hard beads. 7-8 FOW. Out from Blue Water to the right mainly. tightlinesyall

·
Registered
12,730 Posts
Trucks were getting stuck at the ramp, bumpers getting tore off, some videos on Facebook.

People trying to tow loaded trailers across the busted up open ice at the bottom of the ramp. Instead of taking 5 mins to unload the trailer they are trying to take them loaded through.

View attachment 753432
Not wheelchair friendly 😜 that track chair climb right through it though 😁
Would feel a lot "cooler" then them too !

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was hoping ya wouldve got one of the used ones so you couldve tested it out on the hardwater this year!

But a warranty is nice!

Hopefully soon! Going to kick in another 50 spot on payday...We'll get there yet!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hey, you could get in the drag races there on Sunday! We just need to get you into Falconry and you can get one of those Eagles down there to ride on the rear perch!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts