Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
all i can say is wow.... why do i think its gonna be the case of "shoulda been here yesterday" for me? oh well, good to see ya got into the fish.

steve

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
I swear my buddy gary put a hex on me sunday!!!

Fasteight and I went out this afternoon...Started over by anchor bay drive..fished 1/2 hour without seeing a fish... Moved way out by a guy that hammered them earlier in the day, said he got 72. We were about the 5th furthest shanty out...Fished out there for a couple of hours, iced only 4.. They were coming in real aggressive, but would stop short of hitting. Switched things up and still couldn't get them going.. Pulled up shop right before dark and headed up behind jiggers for 1/2 hour...no hits.. Rats.

Still better than working though...Got to see a nice sunset!!

Then spent over an hour trying to get home on the black ice...25 miles an hour!!! Yee Haw!!!

Whats going on down at Meldrum rd??? Those guys weren't there last week!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Good Job treeman. I might be out there Sat...:)

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
kevin, let me know if you're headin out on sat. if i'm in the area and sandy ends up being too busy to do anything, i'd be game to head on out in search of the yellow stripers.

steve

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure how to make the pictures bigger. Maybe someone can help. I also forgot to mention that Jeff saw 2 muskies today. One was estimated at about 55 inches. The hole in his shanty is 5 ft and the fish was just slightly shorter. The other fish was estimated to be 42-44 inches.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
you're fine, but you used the url of the thumbnail instead of the full size pic..... basically if you want to see them full size, click on his gallery and they'll be there.

Good job treeman.... dang, i'm droolin already.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Nice work Treeman!! I just finished off a big plate of those tasty buggers!,,mmmm,,mm,,gooooood!
BTW,,,either me or Fast Ed have lost the famous Orange Decoy "Precious" so we were just woundering if you may have one available from the same blood line?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Great Job Treeman!!! Nice quality fish you guys got! That should fill some of those empty voids in your freezer. Looking forward to getting out on Sunday for the morning bite and then camping in front of the TV for the Daytona 500!!!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tonga- I haven't done any carving in a while. I don't have any spares laying around. I did see a bright orange Chuck Meldrum decoy in Blue Water Bait if you are hard pressed. I will make you one when I get a chance but it might not be untill after the season is over.

Walleye Mike- Thanks for enlarging the pics.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Nothing against Chuck but we will just wait it out,,,even if it's next year!!! we have another Decoy that just needs a coat of paint if we want to use a decoy of lesser breading lol.

·
Registered
620 Posts
From the looks of the pictures... Somebody needs to invest in a electric fillet knife...:eek: Makes cleaning a 2 man limit much easier.;)

Oh! wait... I do see a tell-tale sign of a cord... Could that be attached to an American Angler electric fillet knife??? I love disecting the photos!!!:cool:

Nice drapes by the way...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
man, salmonslammer and myself tried like crazy to find the fish and never really found em... like he said, they were comin to the bait aggressively but would just stop short... will have to try it again soon, maybe thursday afternoon...

oh man was that black ice crazy, all the way thru New Haven the people wouldnt go over 25, it was nuts... was also pretty funny that salmonslammer and myself have mutual friends... small world huh... lol nice catch treeman, hopefully i can get back out and find some for my bucket.... :cool:

·
Registered
620 Posts
fasteight,

Time to invest in a spear... Force feed those unwilling perch.:D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
well i did get to see salmonslammer spear a nice perch, my first time ever seein it done, kewl part was that he didnt ruin any of the meat, it went thru the fin......lol i had a spear that he let me borrow but everytime the fish came in i was to busy tryin to catch em and gettin frustrated to spear em, heck, half the time i didnt even remember the spear was there...lol will definately invest in one as soon as i get a shanty, first things first.... if anyone goin out wants some company in the late mornins or afternoons let me know... thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts