Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fast Ed and I got out at about 7:00 looked good early on but it died out on us,,,,maybe 20 perch and a good size pike
stopped by and saw Gsepan and IFN and others,,,Gsepan had a nice looking bucket full and the Nut was working on one.
we gave the pike to IFN he was talking about poor mans lobster.,,,,, headded in about 12:00.
Not to many fish today but it was still good to get out!

·
Registered
620 Posts
We ended the morning with 60 fish. Biggest fish was a big fat 12" female. Most fish we caught were males. Wonder what that means:confused: Had about 20 out of the 60 that were 10 and up, all the rest were 7's, 8's and 9's. Quit fishing at 12 noon and relinquished our spot to IFN and his crew. Not sure how they did after we vacated. All hogs came on the spear and the remainder were taken with Ken's hooks and a minnow/pink teardrop combo.

Fished on Saturday evening from 3pm until 6pm in the same spot and pulled 26 fish. Just enough for the Saturday night fish fry.:) We have fished these same holes for the past 2 weekends and have pulled a total of 145 fish. Not to bad for a total of 12hrs on the ice!!!:D

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I was to the right of the Fair haven launch from about 1 - 630. Alot jumbos moving through early but not alot of takers. I think I saw the biggest perch ive ever seen. It had to be every bit of 16 inches. It just wasnt interested. Man is that frustrating. Ended up with 20 with five over 10 inches. and about half of those came between 6 and 630. They werent to fond of all the snowmobile and quad traffic either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What depth are you in over by the dnr launch. im in ssame area but in a 8' area. I can move 30 yrds in any direction and go to 5 to 6 foot. Just wondering if i should move

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm in 4 fow away from the crowds. I think that is the key to success. All the fish we were seeing are moving towards shallower water. Tonga was fishing deeper water the we were... The fish are everywhere, just have to get away from the noise.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I, myself don't know... I live on a canal and just hop over the seawall and I'm on my way... I think it will be though with the warmer temp's this week.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I was fishing 4 - 5 foot. I tried deeper water abou 8 foot and saw nothing but dinks with a few 7 inchers thrown in. Definately mor bigger fish shalow. The ramp is still solid. I took my car down this weekend and had no problems getting on the ice.

·
Registered
282 Posts
my son and i were with the NUT sunday we ended up with 29.NUT ended up with close to 60 i think,it was nice meeting you guys,and a big thanks to the ICE FISHING NUT! had a ball.hope you don't break the new "iron" if you do i know a good welder.how was opossum hunting?

again, thanks alot we'll have to do it again.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Willie,

Nice to meet you Sunday!!! We'll have to do it again real soon... as in next weekend:D The NUT better not have had 60 or the DNR officers will be beating down his door:eek:

·
Registered
282 Posts
would love to go fishing with ya but i think the NUT is grounded:eek: BTW do you know what happened by the launch around 2:30-3:00? seen lots of ligths up there?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nope, Didn't hear a thing... The NUT may be grounded but I'll be out there with 2000 of my closest friends...:D

By the way... Here is how IFN gets all his fish...
He uses Plastic Explosives for bait!!!:eek:

·
Registered
620 Posts
No... Not me... But don't you think it's a bit overkill with the sidearm???:eek:

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Hey guys, when you drill a hole, do you drill like a pike spearing hole, or the ordinary 8 or 6" hole??? I seen a pic of IFN hole, it was a pike spearin hole, was wondering if that is the secret, or something??? I think it would deffinently help out with spearin em, and drawing them in.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I use a 10" power auger, drill 2 holes and space them about 6" apart. Then I drill out the middle leaving on giant slot shaped hole for catching and spearing...

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Just Get A Chain Saw With A 24" Bar... It Dose The Job For My Crew And I....

Just Make Sure You Empty All The Oil Out Of The Oil Tank For The Chain ..... The Water Will Now Be Your Lube...

Carl

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Thanx,. didn't know you needed perch spearing cubes:eek: i think i will have to drill 3 6" holes, then chip the extra away with a spud, i dont think we have a chain saw. When i seen them catching gills wwhile pike spearin, seen how you seen em coming for a while, i always wanted to do that..

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
We fished about a mile straight out from the ramp in 6 fow we got 70 nice perch and put back about 35 little guys. the bite shut off at noon, it was a very good day to be on the lake. we fished off from the crowds. most of our fish came on green k hooks,and an orange krinkle tear drop with a spike. I went back to the hole we fished in the morning hoping to get the evening bite but the fish didn't want any. I think they all went to shallower water.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey IFN when dose the poor mans lobster hit the table?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts