Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to fish the lake for the first time tomorrow for perch, should I go to Fair Haven or Selfridge? Open to other places as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
495 Posts
There are sled and motorcycle races on the ice in fair haven every weekend probably starting tomorrow. I would not recommend fair haven unless you have a machine to get far away from the racing. The lot also fills up and people have to park on the ice.

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
We ended up with 15-18 7-8 inchers. Nothing really stood out we got a few on willow spoons, tear drops, minnows, and waxies. I should of stuck to my game plan of finding 9-10 feet due to what I knew would be a lot of noise, but we sat down on 7 and it was soooo cold we couldn't move deeper.

I almost forgot, I want to give a BIGGGG shout out to the guy who came walking out after us 3-400 yards asking if I drive white F-150 to tell me that I left my dome light on, which I did. It shuts off after 15 minutes as a battery saver feature, but he didn't know that and his concern was very appreciated, especially in -4 temps. I hope you limited on whales my friend.....:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
We ended up with 15-18 7-8 inchers. Nothing really stood out we got a few on willow spoons, tear drops, minnows, and waxies. I should of stuck to my game plan of finding 9-10 feet due to what I knew would be a lot of noise, but we sat down on 7 and it was soooo cold we couldn't move deeper.

I almost forgot, I want to give a BIGGGG shout out to the guy who came walking out after us 3-400 yards asking if I drive white F-150 to tell me that I left my dome light on, which I did. It shuts off after 15 minutes as a battery saver feature, but he didn't know that and his concern was very appreciated, especially in -4 temps. I hope you limited on whales my friend.....:)
now that's a sub-zero heart warming story..God bless!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts