Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out about a mile or more, then to the left....pretty much near the end of the line of shantys in 5 ft of water. A few schools of really nice perch came thru...but I only got a couple out of each school cause I lost the handle to my spear on the way out. The smaller ones hit the baits (minnows as well as jigs), and the big ones hung around long enough to have speared. They were scared though.....they even all flew out at once when a jet engine at Selfridge revved up! Any noise at all and they scattered...quads, snowmobiles (especially) .....and augers even when the noise was from far away. Quite a few large perch came meandering thru the hole alone and totally igonored the baits (oh my precious spear...wherefore art thou?) No pike seen. Trucks were out there, and I never heard the ice crack once even though it was sunny and pretty messy on top. Lets hope for some cold nights....I'm buyin a beer for anybody who finds my spear handle out there with a black/gold rope on it and blue plastic zip ties holding the rope to the handle.....

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
try a silver kens with a red bead.... the jumbos have been inhaling them... no spear required... just hook and line..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts