Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man what a Morning! Perch were in the hole ALL Morning...there was maybe 2 minutes when I didn't have perch in the hole! I even had a Muskie Swim in and attack my decoy but 40 seconds later the perch were back. Best day out there by far this year! Had the holes drilled and set up at 8am...by 10:30am I was at 47 fish so I just used a big minnow and my decoy and speared 3 more Jumbos and called it a day. They were so hungry they were hitting my bare jig! Huntnut and his dad are still out there as I speak finishing up their limit. They were having a blast too! Here are the pics...biggest was 12 1/2...

Here is me with the sun in my eye, LOL and my 2 1/2 hour LIMIT!

Some of the bigger fish...

Close up of the 3 biggest.

The biggest and the "Tape"

Hopefully Huntnut and his dad got the bigs ones I saw that I missed with my spear...there were some HOGS! Can't wait to see their pics if they took any...Nice meeting your Dad Allen!

·
Registered
6 Posts
sounds like you had a great time! any tips on where you were or where to go/gps cords? i am still trying to catch my 1st perch/jumbo of the year since i only have this week to fish here due to living 4.5 hours away......lol i am desperate for advise! thanks and keep up the good work!

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't have my GPS out there cause I lost it out there during the MUCC Filming...I was straight out of Fair Haven DNR Launch roughly a mile...that's the best I can do!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
You da man...just think my cousin wanted to head out with you this morning but could not make it, poor Ted is probably kicking himself in the butt right now...thinking about heading out Wednesday morning with Ted and Jared...maybe you can join us...we got some information on another spot as well yesterday....decisions decisions....nice catch...glad to see that you did well out there...I will be over later for some perch dinner as well..2 servings please

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Don,we fished Fair Haven yesterday, looks like you caught all the ones I didn't catch yesterday!!!!Good Job~~~~~~~~~~~><> AL:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's torture working here and viewing those pics, just torture. I am planning to head out tomorrow afternoon over at Geno's but now am wondering whether I should go out to Fairhaven. Man, there is nothing like looking down into the hole and seeing nothing but active perch!! I have to stop thinking about it or I just may blow off the rest of the day and hit the ice!!

Thanks for posting the incentive!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yep, they are there, fished saturday caught maybe 60 fish between 2 of us and kept about 35 of the biggest ones, my buddy went out there sunday and he hammered them had them in the hole most of the day and ended up only keeping about 25(as many as he wanted to clean) but actually said he caught about 70 or 80 fish.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Hey, what a second -- I just counted 51 fish in that first photo, what are you trying to pull here!?

Hehehe, just kidding, what an awesome catch, I wish I could have a day like that some time... very cool.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nice catch NO... And to think I'm going to Simcoe this weekend and all I had to do is step out my back door!!!:eek: Oh well, were gonna have a few more fantastic weeks out on the bay b4 iceout. Did I read your heading to the great white north again this weekend???

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Way to go NO! It just goes to show ya, if you fish where I'm not the fish will be there.

Another tuff weekend for me. Fished SANG Sat. 6am-noon. Took home 10 with only one over 10". She came on the spear. Didn't see a school after 9:00am.

Great pic's NO!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts