Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody getting any? seen the hand liners in the dr already using spoons, usually about that time there in the lake. i'm gonna try thursday, wheather permitting.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes it is still very early for spoons but my dads friend spanked em yesterday with a lime green spoon in canadian waters where we were jigging. still about 8 degrees to cold for them to start climbing in the boat but he has been spooning em up for the last week.. as far as the Lake im sure there not in yet i live right on st.clair 14 mileish and havent seen or herd of anyone catching Eye's but, i have seen a few boats out from ginos.. last year it was just before memorial weekend when we killed em @ 11 mile and i also caught a female full of eggs yesterday so im guessing its gonna be atleast 3-5 weeks before there reallhy in the lake. Im sure there are some eyes in the lake but not stacked up like they will be.. Back to spoons it seems like any Green spoon has been working especially LIME and there super tight to the bottom all 5 of his fish came on the bottom 5' lead. We caught 12 jigging Canadian waters started with a 5/8 oz. pearl jig head and a brown worm tipped with 1/2 a crawler and only managed maybe 1/2 dozen bumps no takers.. i switched to a lime green 3/4 oz. jig head with a white eye ( white eye was key couldnt catch 1 with any other color eye) brown worm tipped with 1/2 a crawler. we caught 3 really nice fish 20+" (2 were 25-26" spawned out females and 1 big male 22-23", 1 female still was full of eggs)(12 eyes 5 female and 7 male atleast 1/2 came o the stinger) Canadian water just east of canidian club anywhere from 19 F.O.W. to 36 F.O.W.

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
I'll probably start running boards next week out there....Had about enough of the jigging... Not enough time for barly pops when your jigging.:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
salmonslammer said:
I'll probably start running boards next week out there....Had about enough of the jigging... Not enough time for barly pops when your jigging.:D
That is way I like whipping!!!!!
ehill

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
salmonslammer said:

Man after my own heart!:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts