Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of those people who absolutely HATES hot weather. I sweat profusely, walking out the door is like ringing a dinner bell for every mosquito within a 50 mile radius. I get invited to parties to stand on the outside perimeter to draw the mosquitos to me.:yikes: I go through two or three shirts per day. I can't wait for snow when I can go outside in my T-shirt and shorts.

So here I sit confined to the house, A/C going WFO, and still sweating. I can't take the dog for any fun time, the boat sits in the side drive just waiting for cooler weather. Is there anyone else out there that hates summer too? :confused: FRANK

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
Hate is such a strong word, I strongly dislike hot weather. ;)

Seriously you should go swimming. If you're going to be that sweaty anyways go jump in a lake maybe take the dogs for a swim while you're at it.

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
I love it $$$$
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Frank - Are maybe having Hot Flashes ??????:confused: Ya know a Guy YOUR age might be going through a CHANGE :evilsmile ! Just sayin :help:.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Frank,

I dont go through shirts like you do but I am with you I hate the hot weather. My boat has also done more sitting this summer than runnning. I have been praying for snow since end of May. This weekend is going to be a little better. Every year I look forward to the dieing breaths of summer as the nice cool breeze of fall rolls in and I can get back to the best time of year. Hang in there buddy we are almost through it!!!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Frank,

I dont go through shirts like you do but I am with you I hate the hot weather. My boat has also done more sitting this summer than runnning. I have been praying for snow since end of May. This weekend is going to be a little better. Every year I look forward to the dieing breaths of summer as the nice cool breeze of fall rolls in and I can get back to the best time of year. Hang in there buddy we are almost through it!!!
Gotta have summer think of those poor sorts down south spring, summer fall They would not know the difference Gotta enjoy the change of seasons..opps there here early off to dog training

·
Banned
268 Posts
Gotta have summer think of those poor sorts down south spring, summer fall They would not know the difference Gotta enjoy the change of seasons..opps there here early off to dog training

True Dat. I'm afraid my Michigan brethren don't know what real heat and HUMIDITY is like in the deep south.

No worries, necessity is the mother of invention and aparently there is a huge market here in Michigan.

Video link is a demo of my prototype blaze orange sweaters shirt. It comes in all sizes and colors. He needs a haircut, but thanks to steelheadfred for modeling the prototypes. Will be available at Cabelas. I'm working with scent lock for a model for deer hunters.

Of course I can't take credit for building this business; aparently Obama has something to do with every privately held venture too....so, thanks Obama...I think.

Link...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv9j6S-sVwA&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]shamwow shirt - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
306 Posts
I hate hot weather too! Ten below zero...I'll sit on stand or work outside all day. I can always put more clothes ON! I have been working my dogs this summer..usually very early in the morning..and then only for short periods. Providing them lots of water and letting them swim to cool down. I've seen Orion rising in the eastern sky every morning, and that has given me hope that the cooler weather will be here soon!

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
I'm with you Frank!

I dont think my Central Air has been off since the beginning of June...

Headed north to beat the heat. Hoping to get some dog activity in.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
True Dat. I'm afraid my Michigan brethren don't know what real heat and HUMIDITY is like in the deep south.
You are right..it is miserable down here right now.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
You are right..it is miserable down here right now.
Thanks for your service FBY!

Yes it even hot up here....another day over 70 degrees although just barely:evil:.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Laphroaig,

My fathers' family hails from Tennessee, many a summer I would go down to visit family with my Grandfather. It was miserably HOT! A year ago yesterday I flew to Dallas for training. I left here at 3:30 a.m. it was 70 degrees. I got off the plane in Dallas it was 108 degrees! The girl at the hotel said; "Oh honey it's a dry heat." B.S. it's FREAKING HOT!

That doesn't mean it's any less miserable up here. With the humidity we have up here, that glues itself to you, I could never see myself living south of the Ohio border. In fact, I have already warned the Fun Governor, that our next house will be north of the "Z" bridge (I'd much rather it be the Mack, but that may be pushing it). FRANK

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I "strongly dislike" the heat, really anything over 70 I don't like. Just imagine fighting house fires in this heat.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts