Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share this with everyone as to what our friends are doing on the other side of the big pond. I received this from Josh Swanson, owner of Raider spoons.

http://www.fishmeister.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4&start=255

No don't get into a yank over the numbers of fish, they have different limits over there.

But check out the extreme conditons.

Mark

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
I wish the fishing was that good when I lived over there in the 70's. WI has an awesome big lake fishery all the way from Moonlight Bay near Green Bay to southern WI. The steelhead fishing is good too.

Best brown trout fishing I have ever had in the big lake was when a school of browns found their way to Arcadia Lake. My son and I landed 24 in one day in a 14' boat from 4 to 12 lbs. The only other guy fishing that day was pike fishing and he landed the world record brown.

We didn't see him land it, but I remembered him fishing there tht day.

I have a friend that lives about 10 miles from Racine and I think I'll give him a call. lol

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
I can't figure out how some of those guys could even say the word """Brownies"".....Shucks just lookin at those pictures my lips froze together.....I am envious.envious and more envious.....and my only excuse for not getting up off my ars is.......I'm too ...old...cold...and lazy.......Nice...Real nice...fish...Hats off to those who never say.......%##@@$##$@@ IT.:)

M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Them guys got balls made of steel and rest of their bodies are num as well.That is what I call extreme fishing with a nice payoff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Was thinking of heading over there next week, been wanting to go over for a few years now. I have a buddy that lives in Milwaukee and says its a slaughter. Weather and everything else permiting I will let you know how it goes.

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
If and this is a big if,But if I had a boat and lived in that area I would posibly be crazy enough to do that.Some of those fish are hogs.Who else wants to go?

·
Premium Member
10,562 Posts
Fletch09 said:
Gents, you don't have to head to Milwaukee to do those kinds of numbers of Browns right now. Rockport is a lot closer. ;)
Indiana too.;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Fletch09 said:
Gents, you don't have to head to Milwaukee to do those kinds of numbers of Browns right now. Rockport is a lot closer. ;)
Fletch
Your buddies aren't going to be happy with you. Even the old dog fishes in the extreme weather. Almost lost finger in the 80's in ice flow pack ice is very wicked. Have a nice holiday and will see you in spring if fishing down south.
Capt Ed

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Wouldnt some people just crap their pants while ice fishing up on either lexington or sanilac if a bunch of guys pulled in with their boats to the ramps and started busting the ice up with chainsaws or what ever? :tdo12: Then launched and took off out to the big water and came back in with boat load of browns or steelhead. :evil: The look on their faces would be priceless :lol:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yeah, this is led by a guide out of Milwaukee named Eric Haataja (sp?) that post regularily on lake-link.com

Once they clear the launch there are anywhere from 5-20 boats that go out as well...

Crazy group of guys...

Zob

·
Premium Member
10,562 Posts
Welcome aboard Josh! I've read of your adventures at Bender and have been trying to get over to try it for the last couple New Years, but got cancelled by the weather and the wife the days I could do it. I was supposed to come up last year when FBD made it, but it was a nasty day.

With all of the big crowds there now have you ever tried Milwaukee in the shallows? I've heard some good things about that too.

BTW love the Raider spoons. Hey Baby and Glow MJ were good to me last summer. Also Skip gave me an orange taped blank last year that did good on the steelies over here.

Keep the posts coming and feel free to stop in when you can. We need to talk walleye "shop" som time too.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
These MOD's just keep rubbin ...FISH'N.....in our noses....day in day out...here we are..cozy in our homes..by the fireside,dog at our feet..wife waiting on us hand and foot...BUT NO...some ..MOD's just gotta bring up an old thread about GREAT BROWN FISH'IN...and remind us of the fun we're missin out on.......dammit.....THANKS MODS ..for keepin our blood runnin...

"""""I VOTE STEIN FOR GOVENOR"""".....

·
Registered
24 Posts
ZobZob, Eric had nothing to do with clearing the launch. That was just a bunch of guys who had the itch to fish real bad. He fishes mainly out of Milwaukee and does very well there. I prefer Oak Creek, however, because the fish don't glow quite as much.

Steinfishski, I have fished Milwaukee in the Harbor only a few times and haven't done spectacular there with one notable exception. That was last August when we had a strong west wind for a few days and the water was 50 degrees in the river. The kings and bait were stacked up in there like cordwood, thick enough to cause my fishfinder to mark a false bottom on numerous occaisions. That was fun! You guys probably hate a west wind, but I love it!!!

See you guys in Benton Harbor on Saturday if any of you are going to the Wolfe's Extravaganza!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts