Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Extra fuel

641 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  FREEPOP 
#1 ·
Whats the best way to carry extra fuel on-board the Quads ???

I was thinking about carrying a one gallon can on the back rack, but I saw one of those flat cans made for Quads. Do you guys carry extra fuel for long rides ???

I have not run out yet nor have I had to use reserve yet. Just wondering.

I also think I am going to get a small air pump and some tire sealer. I washed the machines down yesterday and noticed a couple slightly bent rims.

#2 ·
The Flat Fuel Cells Work Great For "space" Issues. I Carry One On Almost All My Rides. They Make Smaller Flat Ones Too. Both Are Pricey.

I Also Carry A Small Air Pump And A Tire Repair Kit. You Can Find This At Meijers To Autoparts Stores And Are A Must Have I Belive.
The Good Thing Is, I Have Never Needed It For Myself, Just Others I Have Found Stranded On The Trails With Flats...

link to: http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/index.asp?category=296660&count=1

#3 ·
I have yet to need extra fuel on the trail as well. As for repairs on the trails. I have the basic tool kit that came with the quad. I added an extra couple spark plugs in it. Just incase I foul one out while out riding. I have a tire repair kit and a can of Fix O Flat. I also carry a small little air pump as well. I have yet to be stranded on the trail as well.

#4 ·
Yes, I carried gas and drinking water both on long runs when we hunted Bear in northern Ontario back in the 80`s along with other survival items (had racks front & back on my Foreman). The area we were in was Crown land leased by a paper company and it was 110 miles from one paved road to the next and we camped about half way between the 2 so you didn`t chance running out of gas. I just bought a 2 gal. can at Home Depot for about $4 so if you have the space why spend the loot for a high $$ flat rig when that money can buy other items like an axe, air pump, water proof first aid kit or whatever you think you might need. With the quads we were able to get up those old logging trails that hadn`t seen anything but wildlife in years.

#6 ·
I've been to Colorado several times and I've never carried extra gas, just fill up every morning. I put the green slime in my tires but also carried a little kit with plugs etc. You can also get a hose that you can screw into your spark plug hole that'll inflate your tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.