Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Do you expect to kill the first grouse you shoot at this Fall?

• Yes

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 40 61.5%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Absolutely!! That new Benelli Ultralight is a grouse killin' machine.:D

And It hasnt missed a grouse yet!!

NB

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I missed the first bird I shot at last season.
Without hesitation I can see it vividly in my mind. :(

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I ALWAYS expect to kill every Grouse, Woodcock, etc that I shoot at. But Reallity, like those Grouse, is a moving target. Just don't listen to what Chamookman may post later.:rolleyes: He's a Fisherman ergo he Lies...:lol::evilsmile FRANK

·
Registered
21 Posts
I always expect to kill every bird that gets up. Unfortunately, reality sets in way too often. I can't forget that drunken chicken (grouse) that I missed over your dog's point two years ago. I guess if I can miss that, I can miss anything.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
It's pretty thick early in the season, how about:
Do you plan on seeing the first grouse that flushes this season??
I will be standing in shin high grass shooting at my first grouse of the season, so I don't have any excuses (except for a few real good ones!!):)

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Of course I expect to kill the first grouse I see this year. I can't let those days at the sporting clays course with NEMichsportsman go to waste. I just hope I do better in the field than I did on the course.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If I can see it to get a shot then yes, when the 28 gauge barks I should see the bird tumble. If you walk in thinking about missing you probably should save your ammo.:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I voted NO. Not because I'm a pessimist , but because I'm a realist. I'll get back to you on Monday. ;)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
HELL NO.
I hope to hit every bird because I'm an optomist- but I'm not crazy.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I voted no due to the cover and i If hunted with Oilcan I don't ever expect to kill a bird because he hogs all of the shots! Just ask his dad :lol:

Mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts