Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever heard or noticed that a whitetails tongue, after being shot with a bow or gun, will be hanging out the side of it's mouth toward the exit wound side. A buddy of mine told me about this, and I have watched for the last 2 years and everyone that I shot has been that way. I'm not sure if it's just a coinsidence or if there really is something to it. I'm not sure I believe it, even though I've seen it :tdo12:!

·
Registered
333 Posts
shot a buck this morn...tongue out on the side of the shot, no pass thru...interesting...50 yards and deer down...ill keep an eye on this in the future

·
Registered
105 Posts
Heres another theory, most of the time when shot with a bow, they will be laying dead facing the direction they were shot from, not the direction they were headed.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Newton had it all figured out a long time ago.

It is called gravity.

I think he was watching apples, not deer.

Maybe the apple was in a deers mouth.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess the better question would be then, does the deer fall on the exit wound side :dizzy:! The person that told me this was an advid hunter and said it always happens, I didn't really believe it, but all of mine have so far! But, it appears that guy's here have noticed differently, MYTH BUSTED

·
Registered
112 Posts
Shot an 8 point on Oct. 10 and yep tongue was hanging out on the opposite side the shot went in. Also, "Gravity" because the tongue was facing the way the buck fell and was laying on the ground.:)

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I guess the better question would be then, does the deer fall on the exit wound side :dizzy:! The person that told me this was an advid hunter and said it always happens, I didn't really believe it, but all of mine have so far! But, it appears that guy's here have noticed differently, MYTH BUSTED
watch a hunting video on a double long shot deer. Typically (not all the time) they'll trot off 70 yards or so and stop...look around and start to wobble. Then they'll take a few steps one way or another, and fall and flop, etc...

There is no rhyme or reason what side they fall on...gravity pulls the tongue down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts