Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was a pretty exciting one. I currently live down by Detroit but was just offered a job today up in Traverse City. We have always wanted to move up there and I have two younger brothers that already live there. Well I decided to take it due to the fact I have been laid off for 4 months. Was kind of worried about the wife finding a job up there since she has a good one. It seems our luck hadn't run out and I got a phone call from the company that hired me saying they also have a position for the wife making the same amount of money if she was interested. So next week I head up to start the new job and start looking for a new home. It figures I have to wait a whole 9 months until grouse season lol but I should be able to find a bunch of new great spots. Plus I will be able to get the pup a hell of alot more bird contacts before next season. I can't wait. :D :D :D

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tecumseh said:
AWESOME!
That is wonderful news, congratulations on the new job and new opportunities to do what you love more often. If there are any more jobs up there let me know;)
Thanks Tec....I thought you were in real estate, heck you can do that anywhere. Just make the move. Yeah the wife might not be happy when hunting season rolls around lol.:bash:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Llewellin said:
Thanks Tec....I thought you were in real estate, heck you can do that anywhere. Just make the move. Yeah the wife might not be happy when hunting season rolls around lol.:bash:
I currently sell real estate but have a degree and other skills that I would much rather put to use then continue selling real estate in Michigan:)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Congrats on the new work, I hear that TC has the highest concentration of grouse in northern Mi., at least that is what I deduce from the amount of dead bird photos posted on this site. :D
Get the wife on the fast track and soon you too can be a trout and bird bum like the rest of the slackers up there (Fred, Mates, et al.):lol:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
So next week I head up to start the new job and start looking for a new home.
Welcome to the neighborhood.
When you get yourself settled in get ahold of Hevi & me and we'll take you on the nickel tour of the area.
There's some good grouse hunting in spots. Great duck hunting. And more places to fish then you could hit in a lifetime.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Man am I jealous! Congrats!

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's great news! I have been laid off four months as well, maye my luck will play out too! My wife and I love the Traverse City area, especially those hotels along 31.:lol:

Tyler

·
Banned
19,600 Posts
Congrat's on your good luck and welcome to the area. It's a great place to live and raise a fmaily. I've lived here my whole life so feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the area.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Congrats on the new job and moving up here! You'll find it sure is nice to have things so close and readily available. Nothing like being able to go toss a fly or move some birds within 10 minutes from home (midweek or after work none the less). Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks again everyone on the congrats. I am really looking forward to the move although I don't think it has really sunk in yet due to it happened so fast. The reality will sink in next week when I start the job. I will be sure to get ahold of you guys Jump and Hevi when I get in. I plan on getting the golden tour of all those honeyholes you two shoot all those wisconsin grouse and north dakota ducks in. Thanks again everyone.:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Congrats - my wife and i think that is the best area in this state. And now its your home. Very Jealous.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.