Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell, it's only the end of May and I'm already pouring over the latest issues of Gun Dog and Shooting Sportsman. I don't want to wish the summer away now that it is upon us, but man, I'm already dreaming of fall colors and hidden covers!!! It's a sickness!

Tell me I'm not the only one!:D :coolgleam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,368 Posts
PH,

Forget about "Sales Pitches". It's FAR easier to ask Forgiveness than to Get Permission. I plan on adding to the family this fall and I won't be telling the "Fun Governor" until I walk in the door with the "little bundle of Joy".:yikes: And yes I CAN already hear it now.:lol: :lol: FRANK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
PahtridgeHunter said:
Hell, it's only the end of May and I'm already pouring over the latest issues of Gun Dog and Shooting Sportsman. I don't want to wish the summer away now that it is upon us, but man, I'm already dreaming of fall colors and hidden covers!!! It's a sickness!

Tell me I'm not the only one!:D :coolgleam
Fall is starting to occupy my mind more and more. I just ordered my new license plate:



Since you mentioned the magazines. I have about 30 past issues of Gun Dog, Shooting Sportsman and Pointing Dog Journal if someone near Ypsilanti wants to pick them up. I was just going to toss them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Well, I've been going through the shell inventory and also cleaned out the truck box to see what I was missing. I've got a few odds and ends before I'll be ready to go and I need to replenish the first aid kits. The guns are in various states of disarray and hopefully I'll be able to get them back together. The dogs are enjoying their time off and I have been keeping busy with the boat. Speaking of that, can I borrow your duck dogs Fred or should I speak with Jay?

I am debating on whether or not the dogs will get June off so we'll see what happens this weekend. Maybe we'll start the roading a little earlier this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,175 Posts
Vizsla Hunt Dog said:
Speaking of that, can I borrow your duck dogs Fred or should I speak with Jay?
At this point with as much time as Jay gets to hunt (his balls are tacked to a certain Davison, MI front door) and news was reported that more time will be spent shopping for the "perfect" house this year. He would probaly pay you to take Molly Duck Hunting.

My Rough Shooting Dogs Jeff cant sit still long enough to be any good in a Duck Situation, plus you have those Versatile V's to do all your retrieving.

Good Luck with Molly, dont trip over her when yell "Take Em."

Forget about "Sales Pitches". It's FAR easier to ask Forgiveness than to Get Permission. I plan on adding to the family this fall and I won't be telling the "Fun Governor" until I walk in the door with the "little bundle of Joy".:yikes: And yes I CAN already hear it now.:lol: :lol: FRANK.

Jay,

HRK has some pups that would be ready to go I believe!:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vizsla Hunt Dog said:
Speaking of that, can I borrow your duck dogs Fred or should I speak with Jay?
I think we may be able to work something out!:D

Fred,

Shouldn't you be at home watering your wifes flowers? You don't want to upset Dr. Evil!!!:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,939 Posts
Fred's dogs won't retrieve waterfowl Jeff, I've been there, done that. And it's FRED that can't sit still long enough, not his dogs.:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,175 Posts
GVSUKUSH said:
Fred's dogs won't retrieve waterfowl Jeff, I've been there, done that. And it's FRED that can't sit still long enough, not his dogs.:lol:

Kush,

That was weird, I think both of us would agree, Hilde does not loose very many birds, and has had some out of this world retrieves for both of us. Even that morning she had a pretty nice find on that red phase I shot. I think she was very much intimidated by the size of that goose.

I will let Team Red know that you think higher of them then me, which is a nice compliment.

Fred
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,841 Posts
Bonz 54 said:
PH,

Forget about "Sales Pitches". It's FAR easier to ask Forgiveness than to Get Permission. I plan on adding to the family this fall and I won't be telling the "Fun Governor" until I walk in the door with the "little bundle of Joy".:yikes: And yes I CAN already hear it now.:lol: :lol: FRANK.
You are a brave, brave man. I aspire to have your nerve.:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,465 Posts
I am actually kind of hoping Fall takes it's own sweet time getting here. Time is passing at warp speed right now so it will likely be here well before I am ready for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,707 Posts
Dogs need some conditioning along with their fat owner but I am buying a camper next week for those extended weekends of October. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2ESRGR8 said:
Dogs need some conditioning along with their fat owner but I am buying a camper next week for those extended weekends of October. :D
Do you have room for another fat guy and a slow lab?:D
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top