Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... That fished today (Saturday). Had some things to do today :rant: , plan on fishing tomorow and Monday - IF the weather hasn't ruined the ice. What's the skinny :confused: ? Or, should I go Coyote hunting instead? Thanks - Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried a couple smaller lakes out in Waterloo rec and the ice wasnt so good. Still got out a bit on crooked lake out there but there are some real bad spots. I would go hunting, wish I could but those darn kids of mine are gona be playing with santas toys:)

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
I think from what I saw ice conditions are deterorating pretty rapidly in alot of places.Some small inland lakes or ponds and protected areas might still be ok.Alot of ponding of water from what I saw today.Becarefull if you go out there.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
I arrived up in the NLP this afternoon and was greeted with 44 degrees and rain. :( So much for post-Christmas ice fishing up here...

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Hey Bob! Chad and I fished all day on slippery ice. Was all nice and tight this morning, but the afternoon rain made a mess. We found all different kinds of ice depending on where you walk. I think we should get a boat wet....I think I know where we could go :shhh: :shhh:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Yep. Three of us hit a local lake this morning @ 7:30am. We pulled fish up one after another untill 9ish. We took home 55 between all of us. Mostly Gills and Crappie. We did happen across 4 nice green perch though. Good ice this morning still (6"), but the rain today could have screwed that up.
On Firday we hit them pretty good in the evening from 4:30pm untill dark.
We had planned on meeting tomorrow at 4pm again for a Chirstmas ice fish.
The weather put a damper on those plans though. Hope it gets cold again soon. If the rain on top freezes I'll need to put the spikes on my boots or I'll end up on my arse.
Merry Chirstmas everyone!!!!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a boat wet....... I'm IN :dizzy: !!!!!!!! Sounds like it's Coyotes for Me - Thanks for the replies & Merry Christmas to all - Bob

·
Registered
402 Posts
Walled Lake - 12.24.05 - 1:45 p.m. ~ 5:30 p.m. - 9 inches of decent ice in 4 fow. 6 inches of okay ice in 6 fow. Rain was doing some damage. Mostly, though, just melting the top layer of snow....which will allow for more even freezing here in the next couple of weeks. Got skunked but had a great time out as it was trip # 1 of the season!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Silver lake and upper silver lake both have good ice,a little sloppy though,still getting small walleye on silver,did well on upper silver for gills and crappie.

·
Registered
343 Posts
i fished wixom all afternoon. caught a lot of fish mostly little.
kept 15 gills and 2 crappie
all sight fishing right under the ice on a chartreuse fly.
just like last ice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts