Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever see a yoke like this on a beckman? I thought the hoop went outside the handle and the yoke was a sturdy piece of aluminum. Really old style or something?

Screenshot_20191021-204526_Gallery.jpg

·
Super Moderator
35,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With a guarantee like that....one might think it willl hold up. time will tell, it might ?
?
The good thing is, he has no plans to lift a big fish in a manner that would break it.

Not sure what their warranty requires (registration, receipt, etc) but I've heard beckman is good service wise.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Great net, good find. I believe that is the older style yoke. Mine are a more robust design yoke than the one pictured. Like SS said it goes outside the handle into an extruded piece. Mine is a newer version though. I really doubt that it will fail. Wish I could find a new basket for mine.

·
Super Moderator
35,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do they make a rubber net? I switched to a rubber net on my ranger net and would never use a cord net again. Picking trebles out of nets is a waste of time.
Not likely in a 32x44x48 size. I told him he should get a coated net.

He will probably musky fish a little but more for the biggest fish in the great lakes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Do they make a rubber net? I switched to a rubber net on my ranger net and would never use a cord net again. Picking trebles out of nets is a waste of time.
You can buy just the rubber bag and replace the nylon chord net. I did that on mine.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I bought a Beckman coated bag to put on my old frabill telescoping and it has worked great and both are pretty old now bag still looks great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts