Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one of those fun nights when a school of crappie moves through. Caught these fish one right after the other just as fast as I could get my minnow back down the hole. The vex was showing lots of fish and they would hit my minnow as it dropped. Fun to see that red blob come up and hit my minnow. :D

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/photopost/data/529/5218crappie.jpg

·
Registered
546 Posts
Nice Job ih.

4 of us went out last night. We debated to fish Nepessing or Long Lake. We opted for Long Lake over by the dam. Didn't even get a bump. I did lose a minow or two. They probably got bored and took off. No fun sitting around on a hook.
Fished from 4 to 7:30. 18 FOW. tried different depths and colors. Still nothing.

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks YS,

I almost always catch panfish on Nepessing so I go there on a regular basis.

Long Lake on the other hand the only place that I've ever caught fish is way out beyond the island in the 20' - 25' holes. I've never caught or marked any sizeable fish in the holes near the boat launch.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well next time I'm pretty sure we'll hit Nepessing.

Last year on Long Lake in the same area we did pretty well with the spec's. We caught a few dandy's as well.
It just wasn't our night. I won't give up on it yet. There were quite a few people out there yesterday. Last Sunday I just drove by it and there were about 10 or 12 trucks in the parking lot. Someone must be doing something out there.

Fish on!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice job! Caught a small batch myself last night and your story reminded me of them... Crappie fish fry for Saturday night sounds pretty darn good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.