Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
nice fish. looks like you had some fun. where did you catch them at and how deep where they, that is if it isnt a secret spot of yours :D

later, dave

·
Registered
546 Posts
Nice Job ih.

4 of us went out last night. We debated to fish Nepessing or Long Lake. We opted for Long Lake over by the dam. Didn't even get a bump. I did lose a minow or two. They probably got bored and took off. No fun sitting around on a hook.
Fished from 4 to 7:30. 18 FOW. tried different depths and colors. Still nothing.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks YS,

I almost always catch panfish on Nepessing so I go there on a regular basis.

Long Lake on the other hand the only place that I've ever caught fish is way out beyond the island in the 20' - 25' holes. I've never caught or marked any sizeable fish in the holes near the boat launch.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well next time I'm pretty sure we'll hit Nepessing.

Last year on Long Lake in the same area we did pretty well with the spec's. We caught a few dandy's as well.
It just wasn't our night. I won't give up on it yet. There were quite a few people out there yesterday. Last Sunday I just drove by it and there were about 10 or 12 trucks in the parking lot. Someone must be doing something out there.

Fish on!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice job! Caught a small batch myself last night and your story reminded me of them... Crappie fish fry for Saturday night sounds pretty darn good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts