Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are creative or have had it done....

My hunting group was fortunate enough to shoot two nice bucks out of the same stand. We are looking to get Euro's done on them. Looking for a cool twist. Any ideas welcome!

Thinking something with both bucks on the same plaque, a 90* corner mount with antlers locked, etc.

Photos welcome.

·
Registered
18,653 Posts
Last years bruiser had a fractured lower jaw,dosn,t seem beyond the roots of front teeth.
Maybe from hitting the ground when shot or else it must have been pain full awhile.
Any way on his mounting the skull is tipped nose several inches away from plaque for a different angled view of rack and due to fracture and saving jaw as usual it was added to skull as is was naturally.
Looks like it would be worth doing on any future as well.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I would suggest not to use a fake plastic skull. Boil it or pay someone to boil it for you. I shot my first 2 year old last year and bought a mountain mikes plastic skull and every time I look at my buck, I regret not doing a real Euro mount.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
A friend of mine does these for people, she hand paints the pattern. Its a cool look for someone looking for something a bit different.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Stop in and see kevin at camo creek. You will be very impressed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I shot this buck opener of bow and used a fence post from my property. Kept the barbed wire on it, just snipped the points off the barbs. Still woundnt recommend if u have small kids. Still somewhat sharp. I shot a slightly bigger 8 point on opener of rifle that I might try to somehow add to this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My boss had his Euro mount from last year dipped, but instead of doing the common camo patterns he had a stone pattern including the lower jaw. Vary cool looking!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Ive been brainstorming a unique display for my euro mount from this year. I think I'm going to build a base out of some fresh cut cedars in an octagon shape and place a shed I found on that. Then I'm planning to go up this weekend to find a cool fencepost with barbwire on it. Going to mount that to the base at an angle with the euro mount on it with some rusty barbed wire wrapping throughout. Also have a hanful of metal no tresspassing signs around and was thinking about giving it a aged/wevathered look, shoot it up a couple time with birdshot and a few .22 rounds and maybe run over it with the truck in the dirt a couple times, hahha and incorpate this into the piece also considering wiring a small light on the base that shines up onto the display. If I get around to it ill post some pics. Heres a couple I found online that got me thinking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts