Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received an email from BoatUS on the increase of ethanol in fuel which as we all know can have dire consequences to older boats that do not have the plastic products in the fuel system to stand up to ethanol. We still need options for our older craft going forward and the RFS unless revised to reflect the older craft needs will be a major problem going forward.

BoatUS:
"The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) is the law that is forcing increasing amounts of ethanol into the nation's fuel supply. Please help us send a message to the new Administration and incoming Congress to change this broken policy to make sure you have the choice of fuels that works best for your boat."
You can sign their petition at:
http://cqrcengage.com/boatus/app/sign-petition?5&engagementId=265713

·
Registered
14,836 Posts
Or just do what smart boaters do, and buy Recreational gas. I run only Rec Gas in my boats, and all lawn/garden equipment. I learned the lesson the hard way once.

http://www.pure-gas.org/

I don't think we need more legislation forcing us to do things this way, or that way. More options are usually better. My cars run on gas with ethanol in it, and can run on E85.

It will be really nice when Fuel Cell technology is made practical for autos, so we can run them on water. Then we can just use water for autos, and use pure gas for everything else. Focusing on electric powered vehicles is a silly step on the way to Fuel Cell power. My Son can add fuel cells to my vehicles right now, to give my much greater gas mileage, although doing so will void a warranty.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yeap, ethanol is garbage for any engine, not just old ones.
I agree. Crazier yet is that by the time it gets to you tank it is less "green" than standard petro. The process from start to finish is horrible for the environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
36,442 Posts
I agree. Crazier yet is that by the time it gets to you tank it is less "green" than standard petro. The process from start to finish is horrible for the environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeap and wastes a lot of water. We might run out of fresh water before we run out of oil.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly why we need to jump onto these petitions since BoatUS is probably the only big voice we have to hopefully sustain our older craft for awhile. I have also sent comments to Rep. Upton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts