Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home last night and geared up to watch day 2 of the Classic. 10:00 rolls around and drag racing is on. ***? They let it run over... on a recorded show? Idiotic. So the fishing finally starts and I watched the whole thing.

Now, it doesn't look like they are going to re-air day one any time soon.

Their coverage sucked. Their time slots sucked. They suck!!!

I know BASS has ended their affiliation with ESPN... but where are they going? VS? WFN? OLN?

ESPN dropped the ball big gime. Fishing is the worlds most popular sport. More people BASS fish in the USA than any other sport or pastime. Heck, even professional baseball, NFL, NHL, etc... players list fishing as one of their favorite off season pastimes. What gives with ESPN not airing the Classic till a week later? And then not keeping to the time slots?

Just one more reason for cable companies to give a customer the ability to pick and chose at least a couple channels they wish to have, or in this case wish to NOT have.

OK, rant over. :rant:

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
While getting ready this morning, I pulled up the Classic recording on my dvr and because of the drag racing it didn't record past when KVD switched to a larger crankbait. I would have liked to have thrown my tv at an ESPN exec. at that point. A record breaking Classic and it gets treated like the red headed step child. BULL! :rant:

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Seems like every time I visit any of the ESPN channels they are airing some sort of SEC slurp fest of one kind or another. Did the SEC contract with ESPN to have them be like the Big 10 network? And try to find hockey reporting on ESPN...:rolleyes:

ESPN suxs.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
When I set the DVR it was on friday. It reads the program guide and records when the program is supposed to air. It doesn't recognize that it was pre-empted and 15 minutes late. I sure as hell am not staying up that late to watch taped coverage with an outcome I know. Unless its on PPV of course. :D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
if you would have waited ten-fifteen minutes, it just started late.
it was on 10 to midnight on a sunday... i dvr'd it so i didn't have to stay up since i have to work the next day. didn't watch the first 15 minutes and no one from ESPN called me to tell me that they are stupid douchebags and that my dvr is going to miss the last 15 minutes.

I would have watched it live if it wasn't in such a ****y time slot to begin with.

·
Registered
420 Posts
:rant::rant::rant:---I was out of town and forgot to set the DVR for the coverage of the Bassmaster Classic over the weekend:yikes:.....so after fiddlin' around with their website this morning for 25 mins or so looking for a re-broadcast time and date I just gave up---hopefully they get their heads outta' their fannies and show it again sometime soon---not only does their programming leave alot to be desired but ESPN's website sux as well :rant::rant::rant:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.