Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Stingray 8". Got it from Reeds online, 229 shipped. Love it, cuts way easier than my hand auger, although it does weight a little more:) It starts on the first pull 95-99% of the time when cold, 100% when it's even slightly warmed up. When cold, give it 4 pumps on the primer, fullchoke, she fires. I cut 70 holes in 2 days thru 8-14" of good ice, and never bogged down, didn't use a 1/4 of a tank, maybe a 1/3rd max. I went with the Stingray due to price and endurance out of a tank of fuel. If you're debating on it, like I was, I'm extremely happy. I cut alot of holes, especially when i got to Ohio, if it's half a tank I won't even bother filling it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I also purchased a stingray this year and I am more than happy with it. Always starts and cuts ice like it is butter. For the price and the quality I dont think that you can beat it. Great product.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I purchased mine 6 weeks ago and love it - does a good job and still have not emptied the first take .

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Got an Eskimo Shark Z51 10" for $299 back at the beginning of January....love it. Starts better than my 2009 quad and rips through ice!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Z51 here also ... filled it with gas ... primed it 5 times and with 1 pull she started right out of the box ! Took her out Sunday fishing , even with it being -8 that day on the ice she started on the second pull . Not bad for riding in the back of the truck for an hour and a half uncovered !!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Z51 here also. Got it a few weeks ago. Bored probably 200 holes on 3/4 of a tank. The gas mileage is amazing. Starts first or second pull everytime. I didn't use it for about a week and went to fire it up on the lake. First pull!! Great auger so far. Also pretty quiet.:yikes::coolgleam:fish::D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts