Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone's been fishing Erieau? There used to be lots of reports from here but I haven't been seeing many the last couple of seasons. Just curious if the fishing has been good and if not, why it hasn't been as productive. We did very well there a couple of seasons ago, but the wheatley reports have been so common, I've sort of forgotten about Erieau!

Thanks,

MDH

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
Only seen the one report last week.... they said they ran almost back to wheatley looking for fish.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes sense since it's been so warm. Things be ahead so Erieau must be slowing as wheatley heated up.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I fished last thrusday (the 12th) with my buddy that slipped there for the week. He went out twice a day every day possible and the most Steelies he boated in a trip was 2. Most people there were having similar results. People were doing pretty good on walleye but for some reason the bows haven't shown up there. We were in the MW Steelheaders Tourney on thursday, the top boat had 5 or 7 bows but everyone else was 2 or less, we only got one.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Erieau is on fire right now. I would suggest that everyone who is planning to go to Wheatley should go to Erieau instead....especially on Saturdays when I like to go.. might cut down on the line at the ramp :)

JK

Their have been some really good reports from Erieau on walleyes on the Skunked.ca site...big walleyes.....not so much on the bows. They seemed to skip Erieau this year, so far at least.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone's been fishing Erieau? There used to be lots of reports from here but I haven't been seeing many the last couple of seasons. Just curious if the fishing has been good and if not, why it hasn't been as productive. We did very well there a couple of seasons ago, but the wheatley reports have been so common, I've sort of forgotten about Erieau!

Thanks,

MDH

Mdh,

I fished wheatley last Thursday and noticed a few of the boats from the tournament were fishing near wheatley. When the tournament ended you could see the boats headed east back to Erieau.

We landed 4 steelhead and 10 walleyes, so I guess we did good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts