Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to Erieau with Skinner2 and his dad. We were first boat there, somehow we did not get the memo that fishing sucks. talked to Marina guy and asked him why there has not been a report for a while and he said the internet was not working. said some people did good yesterday 220 out by rock line and for walleyes east of the point is the place. Made 10 mile run to rock line, wind was ok out of NW, fished there for a few hours and got a walleye, It started to get rough 3-4 footer and white caps, there were a couple of boats in the area too. then fished east of the rock line and same thing, moved 11 miles to walleye area east of the point and got couple of bows and walleyes. for the day, 3 walleyes and 3 bows. back to boat launch and there was only one other trailer there. do not know people did not show up because they knew fishing is not good and it was too rough.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
That's the thing sometime with Internet....fishing can be excellent or terrible. That's why I like making my own luck! Thanks for the report!!!!!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Take a look at trophy taker Fishing website.. Go to his Twitter account And look at yesterday's pictures... It sure didn't suck for that boat...

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
It may be good for him....but a full parking lot, as we have seen in days gone by, is a much better indicator that the non-Fishing Guide crowd is catching them. One other trailer in the lot speaks volumes.....or not. Was planning to go Saturday but now we most likely will be perching closer to home. Hope those who go this weekend has some good luck. I look forward to your reports.

Marty

·
Registered
50 Posts
It may be good for him....but a full parking lot, as we have seen in days gone by, is a much better indicator that the non-Fishing Guide crowd is catching them. One other trailer in the lot speaks volumes.....or not. Was planning to go Saturday but now we most likely will be perching closer to home. Hope those who go this weekend has some good luck. I look forward to your reports.

Marty
Thanks for the report, did you catch the majority of your fish on dipsys?

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Take a look at trophy taker Fishing website.. Go to his Twitter account And look at yesterday's pictures... It sure didn't suck for that boat...
O.G. I saw him dump his tote of remains into the large totes at the cleaning tables. He was not saying a word..... No help via radio. The cleaning totes were full of cleaned steelies, and walleyes.

We took two steelies off big dipsys set on 3 130 back. Also took two walleyes. 1 rod took half the fish. Other walleye and steelie hit rigger about 45 down and we ( OK I) lost a steelie off a rigger same depth. Stinger Steelie Stomper and Shrimp were the producers.

Only 3 or 4 sheeps and a dozen or so silvers.

NOTE: lots of nets off the point.

Thanks again for the trip Fsamie.

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Gunner, here is a map of where we fished. red is our fishing area, blue line shows moving to spot, yellow is area we saw a couple of boats and black arrow shows the 20 meter depth that I think they refer to as rock line. I should have said fishing sucked for us. I am glad they are still there. maybe next trip I find them. Going to Lake Michigan for kings this weekend. IT IS A BIG AREA TO FIND THE FISH BY YOURSELF.
Capture.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
We will be there sat and sun. We fished the rock line last Sat and Monday and did very well. However a lot will have changed between then and Sat. We will be on channel on 68 if you guys make it out.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Looks like a party happening. I plan to go back this weekend also pending the wind....

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Ill shoot up a flare we find em fellas :)
I'll run up my Jolly Roger and shoot back. I have a lot of old flares and need an excuse the send some up...

I'd join ya,, but I'm heading about 80 miles north of north bay
How big of a boat and gas tank do you have? Like fsamie said they didn't go that far.

Skinner

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Lol I'm hauling it up for our week long vacation,, just much later In the summer than normal... Lodge made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. I fish for eater size walleye pike and smallmouth,, the ole lady relaxes and goes fishing in the evenings.. I sent you a pm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts