Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recent reports for Erie. Looking to head out Saturday haven’t hunted the area for about 6-7 years. I’m down a boat now only working with a canoe not sure if it would be worth it or stick to some inland lakes? Thanks for any advice or input!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
There are always birds in that area due to the hunt club. There should be a bazillion bluebills around right now as well. A canoe can be tricky out there but manageable if you pick your days with the right wind, as that bay can and will get rough. We used to hunt there a lot, and while the area does get pressured from beginning to end, there are some days where the hard work pays off.

The water is a lot higher now than it was when you last hunted there. Be wary of where you step out of your canoe. Good luck.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I haven’t seen any rafts on St. Clair yet either. Way late, or a migration change?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Fish and Fowl Adventures posted a video this week of a monstrous cloud of divers on Erie.

·
Registered
952 Posts
buddy lives on lsc, has 300 bb's sitting outside his window yesterday. just showed up.
I know a charter captain that just brought a boat back from Mackinac. He told me he kicked up clouds of birds on Lake Huron today.
My guess is we are seeing the Divers arrive presently, in real time.
And man, are they going to be dumb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts