Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I was all set to head out in the morning, got to work, and had to call the guys and cancel. The Coast Guard has issued a small craft advisory. My policy is not to go out in small craft advisories when clients are in the boat.

Thats 4 trips in a row that had to be cancelled now because of the East winds. Maybe Sunday will be a little better.

THIS SUCKS!!!!

Captain Jay

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
As of right now i will be out there running a charter on the "Lindsay K" I hope it doesn't get cancelled i could use the cash!:lol:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I cant believe it. As soon as I cancel because of the small craft advisory and the predicted 6 foot waves, it gets cancelled and now it's 2 to 4 footers. I should have just gambeled and had the guys show up, but I hate making people drive from Grand Rapids and then having to cancel at the ramp after they drove so far.

I wish the weather man could predict 12 hours in advance accurately.

It sounds like it wont be to bad now. Good luck out there Ryan.

Captain Jay

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Trust me you are glad you didn't go. We went out to the dumping grounds and the waves were 2-4 footers. THat wasen't the issue. The water was as dirty as it could get so we turned around and rescheduled the. What a waste of a 1/4 tank of gas.

·
Banned
10,812 Posts
captain jay said:
I cant believe it. As soon as I cancel because of the small craft advisory and the predicted 6 foot waves, it gets cancelled and now it's 2 to 4 footers. I should have just gambeled and had the guys show up, but I hate making people drive from Grand Rapids and then having to cancel at the ramp after they drove so far.

I wish the weather man could predict 12 hours in advance accurately.

It sounds like it wont be to bad now. Good luck out there Ryan.

Captain Jay
You should have went today. We took 25 walleyes in about 2 hours. The waves were mostly 3 footers, but we trolled with the wind with no problems. They are predicting the same 3' seas for tomorrow. I have two trips Sunday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts